- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of Amorphous In-Ga-Zn-O Thin-film Transistors Using Different Source/drain Electrode Materials
서로 다른 소스/드레인 전극물질을 이용한 비정질 In-Ga-Zn-O 박막트랜지스터 성능향상
Kim, Seung-Tae;Cho, Won-Ju
- Received : 2016.01.08
- Accepted : 2016.01.24
- Published : 2016.02.01
In this study, we proposed an a-IGZO (amorphous In-Ga-Zn-O) TFT (thin-film transistor) with off-planed source/drain structure. Furthermore, two different electrode materials (ITO and Ti) were applied to the source and drain contacts for performance improvement of a-IGZO TFTs. When the ITO with a large work-function and the Ti with a small work-function are applied to drain electrode and source contact, respectively, the electrical performances of a-IGZO TFTs were improved; an increased driving current, a decreased leakage current, a high on-off current ratio, and a reduced subthreshold swing. As a result of gate bias stress test at various temperatures, the off-planed S/D a-IGZO TFTs showed a degradation mechanism due to electron trapping and both devices with ITO-drain or Ti-drain electrode revealed an equivalent instability.
a-IGZO (amorphous In-Ga-Zn-O);TFT (thin-film transistor);Work function
- M. Ito, M. Kon, C. Miyazaki, N. Ikeda, M. Ishizaki, Y. Ugajin, and N. Sekine, IEICE transactions on electronics, 90, 11 (2007).
- T. Kamiya, K. Nomura, and H. Hosono, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, 11, 4 (2010).
- K. Sera, F. Okumura, H. Uchida, S. Itoh, S. Kaneko, and K. Hotta, Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions on, 36, 12 (1989). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/16.40970] https://doi.org/10.1109/16.40970
- S. J. Lim, S. J. Kwon, H. Kim, and J. S. Park, Applied Physics Letters, 91, 18 (2007).
- H. Yabuta, M. Sano, K. Abe, T. Aiba, T. Den, H. Kumomi, and H. Hosono, Applied physics letters, 89, 11 (2006). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2353811] https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2353811
- A. Suresh and J. F. Muth, Applied Physics Letters, 92, 3 (2008). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2824758]
- S. Y. Park, J. H. Song, C. K. Lee, B. G. Son, C. K. Lee, H. J. Kim, and H. J. Kim, Electron Device Letters, IEEE, 34, 7 (2013).
- B. Yaglioglu, H. Y. Yeom, R. Beresford, and D. C. Paine, Applied physics letters, 89, 6 (2006). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2335372]
- V. Subramanian, M. Toita, N. R. Ibrahim, S. J. Souri, and K. C. Saraswat, Electron Device Letters, IEEE, 20, 7 (1999). [DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/55.772370]
- A. Suresh, P. Wellenius, A. Dhawan, and J. Muth, Applied physics letters, 90, 12 (2007). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2716355]
- K. Nomura, A. Takagi, T. Kamiya, H. Ohta, M. Hirano, and H. Hosono, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 45, 5S (2006).
- Y. Shimura, K. Nomura, H. Yanagi, T. Kamiya, M. Hirano, and H. Hosono, Thin Solid Films, 516, 17 (2008). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2007.10.051]
- W. S. Kim, Y. K. Moon, K. T. Kim, J. H. Lee, and J. W, Thin Solid Films, 518, 22 (2010). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2010.03.028]
- J. H. Na, M. Kitamura, and Y. Arakawa, Applied Physics Letters, 93, 6 (2008).
- J. M. Lee, I. T. Cho, J. H. Lee, and H. I. Kwon, Applied Physics Letters, 93, 9 (2008).
- S. H. Rha, U. K. Kim, J. S. Jung, H. K. Kim, Y. S. Jung, E. S. Hwang, Y. J. Chung, M. J. Lee, J. H. Choi, and C. S. Hwang, Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions on, 60, 3 (2013). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TED.2012.2236558]
- K. W. Jo, AND W, J. Cho, Applied Physics Letters, 105, 21 (2014).
- A. Suresh, and J. F. Muth, Applied Physics Letters, 92, 3 (2008). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2824758]
Supported by : 한국연구재단