- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and Power Output Characteristics of an EYE-type Piezoelectric Energy Harvester
EYE-type 압전 발전소자의 설계 및 출력특성
- Received : 2016.01.08
- Accepted : 2016.01.24
- Published : 2016.02.01
We present the results of a study of a piezoelectric generator that generates electricity by the application of tension to an element. A device is named "EYE-type generator". The EYE-type generator consists of a rectangular ceramic and two elastic body plates that are attached to upper and lower surfaces of a ceramic. If tension is applied to both ends of the elastic body, that tension is transformed to pressure on the ceramic through a change in the form of the elastic body, causing a piezoelectric effect whereby electricity is generated by the ceramic. This generator is relatively durable because a forces are not applied directly to the ceramic. We examined dependencies of the generator's output characteristics on the size of the ceramic and elastic body. A resonance and output characteristics were analyzed by using a finite element method. The generator was fabricated based on results of the analysis, and this was attached to a frequency-controllable vibrator to measure the output characteristics. The measured results were compared with results of the simulation, and the results pointed to the practicality of the design.
Energy harvester;Piezoelectric;EYE type;FEM
- J. L. Gonzalez, A. Rubio, and F. Moll, Int. J. Soc. Mater. Eng., 49, 7 (2001).
- H. I. Jun, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 9, 129 (2008).
- T. G. Park, B. J. Kim, M. H, Kim, and K. Uchino, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 41, 7139 (2002). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.7139] https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.7139
- C. H. Park and T. G. Park, App. Mech. Mater., 2, 217 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.110-116.217]
- J. H. Lim and T. G. Park, J. Electroceram., 10, 1007 (2012).
- D. Y. Cha, S. J. Lee, and S. P. Chang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 24, 416 (2011).
- Y. H. Kim, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 3, 250 (2010).
- J. Hu, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 38, 3208 (1999). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.38.3208] https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.38.3208
Supported by : 중소기업청, 한국연구재단