- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Physical Properties of Mineral Hydrate Insulation Material Mixed with Basalt Fiber
Park, Jae-Wan;Chu, Yong-Sik;Seo, Sung-Kwan;Jeong, Jae-Hyen
- Received : 2015.09.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.07
- Published : 2016.01.31
Mineral hydrate is a new insulation material that compensates for the defects of existing materials. Mineral hydrate is made of inorganic ingredients; therefore, it is nonflammable. The porous structure of mineral hydrate makes the material lightweight and insulating. Mineral hydrate insulation and similar products have been studied and manufactured in Korea and abroad. However, these insulation materials need to improve in terms of strength. In this study, basalt fiber was used to enhance the strength. In order to observe the property changes, compressive strength, heat conductivity, and specific gravity were measured and XRD pattern analysis was performed. These tests confirmed that basalt fiber was effective at improving the strength and lowering the heat conductivity of mineral hydrate insulation.
Mineral hydrate insulation material;Basalt Fiber;Compressive strength;Slurry;Heat insulation
- S.-K. Seo, "A Study on Fabrication and Characterization of Inorganic Insulation Material by Hydrothermal Synthesis Method," J. Rec. Const. Resources, 1  219-24 (2013).
- M. Jerman and R. Cerny, "Effect of Moisture Content on Heat and Moisture Transport and Storage Properties of Thermal Insulation Materials," Ener. Build., 53 39-46 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.07.002
- Z. Pan, H. Li, and W. Liu, "Preparation and Characterization of Super Low Density Foamed Concrete from Portland Cement and Admixtures," Constr. Build. Mater., 72  256-61 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.08.078
- M. Jerman, M. Keppert, J. Vyborny, and R. Cerny, "Hygric, Thermal and Durability Properties of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete," Constr. Build. Mater., 41 352-59 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.12.036
- J. W. Lee and Y. H. Kim, "Fabrication of Carbon/Basalt Hybrid Composites and Evaluation of Mechanical Properties," Compos. Res., 27  14-8 (2014). https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2014.27.1.014
- J. W. Park, "Physical Properties of Mineral Hydrate Insulation used Desulfurization Gypsum," J. Rec. Const. Resources, 2  291-96 (2014).
- X. Chen, S. Wu, and J. Zhou, "Influence of Porosity on Compressive and Tensile Strength of Cement Mortar," Constr. Build. Mater., 40 869-74 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.11.072
- O. Unal, T. Uygunoglu, and A. Yildiz, "Investigation of Properties of Low-Strength Lightweight Concrete for Thermal Insulation," Build. Environ., 42  584-90 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2005.09.024