- Volume 20 Issue 1
In this paper, a compact CPW-fed antenna for 5 GHz (5.15-5.35 GHz, 5.725-5.825 GHz) band WLAN applications is presented. The designed antenna's shape is step structure. The antenna is fabricated and measured into FR-4 substrate of dielectric comstant 4.2 and thickness 1.0 mm with optimized parameters obtained by simulation. We confirm that it is operated as antenna for WLAN applications by obtaining the measured return loss level of < -10 dB in 5.133-5.982 GHz. The dimensions of the antenna (
Monopole Antenna;CPW Antenna;WLAN applications
- William Stallings, Wireless Communications and Networks, 2001.
- Jim Geier, Wireless Lans, Sams, 2002.
- Y. W. Park, E. K. Hong, and J. H. Choi, Fundamentals of Mobile Communications, 3th ed. Saeng Neung Press, pp. 460-461, 2012.
- G. S. Chae, Y. K. Cho, and J. S. Lim, "An Inverted-F Antenna for 2.4/5 GHz WLAN Applications," KIEES, vol.15, no.2, pp. 183-187, Feb. 2004.
- H. P. Park, M. D. Kim, H. K. Seong, "Design of Compact Microstrip Patch Antenna for WLAN of IEEE 802.11a," KIISE, vol.19, no.12, pp.611-617, Dec. 2013.
- Z. N. Chen and M. Y. W. Chia, Broadband Planar Antennas: Design and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- S. M. Jose and B. Lethakumary, "CPW-fed Step-shaped Microstrip Antenna for UWB Applications," Micro. Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 589-591. Mar. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28903
- K. C. Gupta, Microstrip Lines and Slotlines, 2nd ed., Artech House, 1996.
- W. C. Liu, "Wideband dual-frequency double inverted-L CPW-fed monopole antenna for WLAN application," IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 505-510, Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-map:20050011
- D. E. Anagnostou and A. A. Gheethan, "A Coplanar Reconfigurable Folded Slot Antenna Without Bias Network for WLAN Applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 8, pp. 1057-1060, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2009.2031989