- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Low-Complexity Sphere Decoding Algorithm for Generalized Spatial Modulation
일반화 공간 변조를 위한 저복잡도 구복호 수신기
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2016.01.31
In this paper, an Rx-ordering aided sphere decoding algorithm for generalized spatial modulation (GSM) systems is proposed. In the proposed sphere decoding algorithm, to efficiently reduce the search region, the received signals are optimally ordered, which results in the reduction of computational complexity. To evaluate the performance and the computational complexity of the proposed Rx-ordered sphere decoding algorithm, the simulations are performed. In the simulation results, it is observed that in GSM systems, the proposed decoding algorithm achieves the same error performance with the conventional SD, whereas it efficiently decreases the computational complexity for symbol detection.
Multiple Input Multiple Output;Spatial Modulation;Generalized Spatial Modulation;Sphere Decoding
- R. Mesleh, H. Haas, S. Sinanovic, C. W. Ahn, and S. Yun, "Spatial modulation," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 2228-2241, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.912136
- M. D. Renzo, H. Haas, A. Ghrayeb, S. Sugiura, and L. Hanzo, "Spatial modulation for generalized MIMO: Challenges, opportunities, and implementation," Proc. IEEE, vol. 102, pp. 56-103, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2013.2287851
- A. Younis, N. Serafimovski. R, Mesleh, and H. Haas, "Generalised spatial modulation," in proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Syst, Comput,. pp. 1498-1502, 2010.
- J. Fu, C. Hou, W. Xiang, L. Yan, and Y. Hou, "Generalised spatial modulation with multiple active transmit antennas," in Proc. IEEE Globecom Workshops, pp. 839-844, 2010.
- E. Viterbo and J. Boutros,"A universal lattice code decoder for fading channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 45, pp. 1639-1642, Jul. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.771234
- B. Hassibi and H. Vikalo, "On the sphere-decoding algorithm I. Expected complexity," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 53, pp. 2806-2818, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2005.850352
- A. Younis, R. Mesleh, H. Haas and P. M. Grant, "Reduced Complexity Sphere Decoder for Spatial Modulation Detection Receivers," in proc. IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf., pp.6-10 , Dec. 2010.
- A. Younis, S. Sinanovic, M. D. Renzo, R. Mesleh, and H. Haas, "Generalised sphere decoding for spatial modulation," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 61, pp. 2805-2815, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2013.061013.120547
- K. Lee, "Doubly ordered sphere decoding for spatial modulation", IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 795-798, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2415808
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology