- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Distributed Cognitive Radio MAC Protocol Considering User Fairness and Channel Quality
사용자의 공평성과 채널품질을 고려한 분산형 무선인지MAC 프로토콜
Kwon, Young-Min;Park, Hyung-Kun
- Received : 2015.09.28
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2016.01.31
It is important that using of efficient radio resource because of deficiency spectrum problem, so that related to this problem many researches are have proceeded. To solve this problem, Cognitive Radio(CR) was suggested. The channels are allocated to the secondary users when the primary users don't use the channels, and unfairness of secondary users can be serious problem and channel quality of multichannel can be different due to the different traffic pattern of primary users. In this paper, we propose MAC prtocol both of the user's fairness and channel quality in CR networks. Simulation results show the comparison with CR MAC protocols.
cognitive radio network;Ad hoc network;fairness;medium access control;proportional fair
- M. McHenry, "Spectrum White Space Measurements," New America Foundation Broadband Forum, June 2003.
- FCC, ET Docket No. 03-222 Notice of Proposed Rule Making and Order, Dec 2003.
- A C.-C. Hsu, D.S. L. Wei, and C.-C. Jay Kuo, "A Cognitive MAC Protocol Using Statistical Channel Allocation for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks," Proc. of IEEE WCNC, March, 2007.
- D. Xue, E. Ekici, and X. Wang, "Opportunistic Periodic MAC Protocol for Cognitive Radio Networks," IEEE GLOBECOM 2010, DEC.2010.
- H. Su and X. Zhang, "Cross-layer based Opportunistic MAC protocols for QoS Provisionings over Cognitive Radio Wireless Networks," IEEE Journal, Selected Areas in Communications, pp.118-129, Jan. 2008.
- H. Nan, T. Hyon and S. Yoo, "Distributed Coordinated Spectrum Sharing MAC Protocol for Cognitive Radio," IEEE DySPAN 2007, pp.240-249, Apr. 2007.
- G. Joshi, S. Nam and S. Kim, "Decentralized Predictive MAC Protocol for Ad-Hoc Cognitive Radio Networks," Wireless Personal Communication, pp.803-821, Jul. 2013.
- A. Jalali, R. Padovani, and R. Pankaj, "Data throughput of CDMA-HDR a high efficiency-high data rate personal communication wireless system," In Proc, of IEEE VTC, pp.1854-1858, May, 2000.
- H. Park "Distributed Proportional Fair Scheduling for IEEE802.11 Wireless LANs" Springer, Wireless Personal Communications, vol.54, no. 4, pp.719-727, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-009-9777-1
- J. Lee, H. Park, "Channel Prediction-Based Channel Allocation Scheme for Multichannel Cognitive Radio Networks," Journal of communications and networks, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 209-216, April 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCN.2014.000032
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)