- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Robust Receiver for Generalized Spatial Modulation under Channel Information Errors
채널 정보 오차에 강인한 일반화 공간변조 수신기
Lee, JaeSeong;Woo, DaeWi;Jeon, EunTak;Yoon, SungMin;Lee, Kyungchun
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2016.01.04
- Published : 2016.01.31
In this paper, we develop an iterative maximum likelihood (ML) receiver for generalized spatial modulation systems. In the proposed ML receiver, to mitigate the deleterious effect of channel information errors on symbol detection, the instantaneous covariance matrix of effective noise is estimated, which is then used to obtain improved ML solutions. The estimated covariance matrix is updated through multiple iterations to enhance the estimation accuracy. The simulation results show that the proposed ML receiver outperforms the conventional ML detection scheme, which does not take the effect of channel information errors into account.
Spatial Modulation;Generalized Spatial Modulation;Channel Information Error;Iteration Estimation;Maximum Likelihood Detection
- D. Tse and P. Viswanath, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- R. Mesleh, H. Haas, S. Sinanovic, C. W. Ahn, and S. Yun, "Spatial modulation," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 2228-2241, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.912136
- M. D. Renzo, H. Haas, A. Ghrayeb, S. Sugiura, and L. Hanzo, "Spatial modulation for generalized MIMO: Challenges, opportunities, and implementation," Proc. IEEE, vol. 102, pp. 56-103, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2013.2287851
- T. Datta and A. Chockalingam, "On Generalized Spatial Modulation," in Proc. IEEE WCNC, pp, 2716-2721, 2013.
- A. Younis, N. Serafimovski, R. Mesleh, and H. Haas, "Generalised spatial modulation," in Proc. Asiloma Conference on Signals, Syst. Comput., pp. 1498-1502. 2010.
- J. Fu, C. Hou, W. Xiang, L. Yan, and Y. Hou, "Generalised spatial modulation with multiple active transmit antennas," in Proc. 2010 IEEE Globecom Workshops, pp. 839-844.
- B. S. Thian and A. Goldsmith, "Reduced-complexity robust MIMO decoders," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. vol.12, no.8, pp.3783-3795, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.071913.121019
- N. Yoo, J.-H. Baek, H.-Y. Choi, Y. Kim, G. Kim, and K. Lee "ML symbol detection for MIMO-aided railway communication systems under channel information errors," KICS Summer Conference, 2015.
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology