- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Robust k-means Clustering-based High-speed Barcode Decoding Method to Blur and Illumination Variation
블러와 조명 변화에 강인한 k-means 클러스터링 기반 고속 바코드 정보 추출 방법
- Received : 2015.09.02
- Accepted : 2015.10.19
- Published : 2016.01.31
In this paper presents Robust k-means clustering-based high-speed bar code decoding method to blur and lighting. for fast operation speed and robust decoding to blur, proposed method uses adaptive local threshold binarization methods that calculate threshold value by dividing blur region and a non-blurred region. Also, in order to prevent decoding fail from the noise, decoder based on k-means clustering algorithm is implemented using area data summed pixel width line of the same number of element. Results of simulation using samples taken at various worst case environment, the average success rate of proposed method is 98.47%. it showed the highest decoding success rate among the three comparison programs.
Barcode Decoder;Binarization;High Pass Filter;Image Processing
- ISO/IEC Std. 18004, Automatic Identification and Data Capture Techniques - Bar Code Symbology - QR Code, 2000.
- W. Chen, "A novel barcode system for intelligent automation industry", International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Systems, pp. 1-6, May. 2015.
- N. Liu, X. Zheng, H. Sun, X. Tan, "Embedded implementation of barcode recognition system in ammeter image", International Conference on Multimedia Technology, pp. 5390-5393, July. 2011.
- N. Liu, X. Zheng, H. Sun, X. Tan, "Two-dimensional bar code outof-focus deblurring via the Increment Constrained Least Squares filter", Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 34, no.2, pp. 124-130, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2012.09.006
- H. Yang, A.C. Kot, X. Jiang, "Binarization of low-quality barcode images captured by mobile phones using local window of adaptive location and size," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 21, no.1, pp.418-425, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2011.2155074
- M. Katona and L. G. Nyul, "A novel method for accurate and efficient barcode detection with morphological operations," Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems(SITIS) 2012 Eighth International Conference on, pp. 307-314, 2012.
- J. P. Fang, Y. Chang, W. Chu and K. W. Chen, "Incomplete Barcode Reading Mechanism with Remote Database Access," Recent Advances in Computer Science and Information Engineering Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol. 124, pp 705-710, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-25781-0_103
- ZBar version 0.1.0 [Online]. Available: http://zbar.sourceforge.net
- H. Tian, S.K. Lam, T. Srikanthan, "Implementing Otsu's Thresholding Process Using Area-Time Efficient Logarithmic Approximation Unit," Proc. of the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 4, pp. IV/21-IV/24, May 2003.
- W. Niblack, An introduction to Digital Image Processing, Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- Barcode Reader 2.00 [Online]. Available: http://freewarewe blog.blogspot.kr/2010/07/barcode-reader-utility-200.html
- Onbarcode -Code128 [Online]. Available: http://www.onbarcode.com/scanner/code128.html
Supported by : Dong-A University