- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A 1.88-mW/Gb/s 5-Gb/s Transmitter with Digital Impedance Calibration and Equalizer
디지털 임피던스 보정과 이퀄라이저를 가진 1.88mW/Gb/s 5Gb/s 송신단
Kim, Ho-Seong;Beak, Seung-Wuk;Jang, Young-Chan
- Received : 2015.11.05
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2016.01.31
This paper describes 1.2-V 5-Gb/s scalable low voltage signaling(SLVS) differential transmitter(TX) with a digital impedance calibration and equalizer. The proposed transmitter consists of a phase-locked loop(PLL) with 4-phase output clock, a 4-to-1 serializer, a regulator, an output driver, and an equalizer driver for improvement of the signal integrity. A pseudo random bit sequence generator is implemented for a built-in self-test. The proposed SLVS transmitter provides the output differential swing level from 80mV to 500mV. The proposed SLVS transmitter is implemented by using a 65-nm CMOS with a 1.2-V supply. The measured peak-to-peak time jitter of the implemented SLVS TX is about 46.67 ps at the data rate of 5Gb/s. Its power consumption is 1.88 mW/Gb/s.
- K.-L. J. Wong, H. Hatamkhani, M. Mansuri, and C.-K. K. Yang, "A 27-mW 3.6-Gb/s I/O transceiver," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 602-612, Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2004.825259
- G. Balamurugan, J. Kennedy, G. Banerjee, J. E. Jaussi, M. Mansuri, F.O'Mahony, B. Casper, and R. Mooney, "A scalable 5-15 Gbps, 14-75 mW low-power I/O transceiver in 65 nm CMOS," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1010-1019, Apr. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2008.917522
- MIPI Alliance, MIPI alliance specification for M-PHY, version 2.0, 4 April 2012.
- J. Poulton, et. al., "A 14-mW 6.25-Gb/s Transceiver in 90-nm CMOS," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2745-2757, Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2007.908692
- B. Leibowitz, et. al., "A 4.3 GB/s Mobile Memory Interface With Power-Efficient Bandwidth Scaling," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 889-898, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2010.2040230
- K. Kaviani, et. al., "A 0.4mW/Gb/s 16Gb/s near-ground receiver front-end with replica transconductance termination calibration," IEEE ISSCC Dig. Tech Papers, pp.132-133, Feb. 2012.
- A. Amirkhany, J. Wei, N. Mishra, J. Shen, W. Beyene, T. Chin, C. Huang, V. Gadde, K. Kaviani, P. Le, M. M, C. Madden, S. Mukherjee, L. Raghavan, K. Saito, D. Secker, F. Shuaeb, S. Srinivas, T. Wu, C. Tran, A. Vaidyanathan, K. Vyas, M. Jain, K. Chang, and C. Yuan, "A 12.8-Gb/s/link Tri-Modal Single-Ended Memory Interface for Graphics Applications," IEEE Symp. VLSI Circuits, Dig. Tech. Papers, pp.232-233, Jun. 2011.
- J.-H. Bae, S.-H. Park, J.-Y. Sim, H.-J. Park, "A 1V 2.8Gbps 0.18um CMOS Inverter-Based Digital Differential Transmitter with Calibrations of Termination and Mismatch," IEEE Transactions On Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 12, No. 11, pp.1253-1257, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVLSI.2004.836321
- K.-H. Lee and Y.-C. Jang, "A 2-Gb/s CMOS SLVS Transmitter with Asymmetric Impedance Calibration for Mobile Interfaces," IEICE transaction on Electronics, vol. E97-C, no. 8, pp. 837-840, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1587/transele.E97.C.837
Supported by : NRF