- Volume 20 Issue 1
SRM is designed to meet operating standards such as low cost, simple magnetic structure, a desired operating speed range, high efficiency, high performance, and good matching for DC power. The magnetic flux of SRM is independent of its direction to develop a torque and it allows the flexible characteristics of the magnetic structure for SRM. In this paper, SRM can widely classify two types, Radial-Flux SRM and Axial-Flux SRM, according to the flux direction. Radial-Flux SRM includes Conventional, Segmented stator and rotor, and Double stator SRM, etc. and Axial-Flux SRM includes C-core stator and the Axial-airgap SRM. This paper is subjected the basic characteristics to select the best of the magnetic structure of SRM in the appropriate application by the classification of SRM.
magnetic structures;Radial-Flux SRM;Axial-Flux SRM;classification
- P.J.Lawrenson, J.M.Stephenson, P.T.Blenkinsop, J.Corda and N.N.Fulton, "Variable-speed switched reluctance motors," Proc. IEE, vol.127, Pt-B, no.4, pp.253-265, 1980.
- R. Krishnan, Switched Reluctance Motor Drives, CRC Press, 2001.
- A.E. Fitzgerald, Charles Kingsley, and Stephen D. Umans, Electric Machinery, 7th edition, Chapter 8, McGraw-Hill Education, 2013.
- Hassan Moghbelli, Gayle E.Adams, and Richard G.Hoft, "Performance of 10-Hp Switched Reluctance Motor and Comparison with Induction Motors," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.27, no.3, pp.531-538, 1991.
- Peter N.Materu, Ramu krishnan, "Estimation of Switched Reluctance Motor Losses," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.28, no.3, pp.668-679, 1992.
- Qiang Yu, Berker Bilgin, and Ali Emadi, "Loss and Efficiency Analysis of Switched Reluctance Machines Using a New Calculation Method," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol.62, no 5, pp.3072-3080, May 2015.
- Jawad Faiz and John W.Finch, "Aspects of Design Optimisation for Switched Reluctance Motors," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.8, no.4, pp.704-713, 1993.
- C.bPollock and B. W. Williams, "Power convertor circuits for switched reluctance motors with the minimum number of switches," Proc. IEE, vol.137, Pt-B, no.6, pp.373-384, 1990.
- Slobodan Vukosavic and Vitor R.Stefanovic, "SRM Inverter Topologies: A Comparative Evaluation," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.27, no.6, pp.1034-1047, 1991.
- Ahmet M. Hava, Vladimir Blasco, and Thmas A. Lipo, "A Modified C-Dump Converter for Variable-Reluctance Machines," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.28, no.5, pp.1017-1022, 1992.
- Krishnan R., Sung-Yeul Park, and Keunsoo Ha, "Theory and operation of a four-quadrant switched reluctance motor drive with a single controllable switch-the lowest cost four-quadrant brushless motor drive," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.41, no.4, pp.1047 -1055, Sep./Oct. 2005.
- M. Anand, V. Arunkumar, K. Krishnamurthy, and B. Meenakshipriya, "Analysis and Modeling of Different Types of Converter In Switched Reluctance Motor for Reducing the Torque Ripple," Proc. of ICIIECS'15, pp.1-6, March 2015.
- Iqbal Husain, M. Ehsani, "Torque Ripple Minimization in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives by PWM Current Control," IEEE Trans. on PE, vol.11, no.1, pp.91-98, 1996.
- Derrick E. Cameron, Jeffrey H.Lang and Stephen D.Umans, "The Origin and Reduction of Acoustic Noise in Doubly Salient Variable-Reluctance Motors," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.28, no.6, pp.1250-1255, 1992.
- Chun Gan, Jianhua Wu, Mengjie Shen, Shiyou Yang, Yihua Hu, and Wenping Cao, "Investigation of Skewing Effects on the Vibration Reduction of Three-Phase Switched Reluctance Motors," IEEE trans. on Magnetics, vol.51, no.9, Sept. 2015.
- Hyong-Yeol Yang, Young-Cheol Lim, and Hyun-Chul Kim, "Acoustic Noise/Vibration Reduction of a Single-Phase SRM Using Skewed Stator and Rotor," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol.60, no.10, pp.4292-4300, October 2013.
- Chenjie Lin, and Babak Fahimi, "Prediction of Acoustic Noise in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.29, no.1, pp.250-258, March 2014.
- Chenjie Lin, and Babak Fahimi, "Prediction of Radial Vibration in Switched Reluctance Motors," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.28, no.4, pp.1072-1081, Dec. 2013.
- Krishnan R., Staley, A.M., and Sitapati, K, "A novel single-phase switched rerluctance motor drive system", Proc. of IECON'01, vol.2, pp.1488-1493, 2001.
- Seok-Gyu Oh, Krishnan, R., "Two-Phase SRM with Flux-Reversal-Free Stator : Concept, Analysis, Design, and Experimental Verification," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.43, no.5, pp.1247-1257, Sep./Oct. 2007.
- Seok-Gyu Oh and CheeWoo Lee, "A Study on Comparison of Two Phase SRMs," KIIEE, vol.25, no.1, pp.59-63, 2011.
- Seok-Gyu Oh and Jun-Kyung Bae, "A Study on the Comparison of SRMs with 3 Rotor Poles," KIIEE, vol.28, no.5, pp.92-97, May 2014.
- Seok-Gyu Oh and Gang-Yul Bae, "A Study on the Structure Characteristics of Two Phase 4/3 SRM," KIIEE, vol.28, no.5, pp.115-121, May 2014.
- S. Prabhu, M. Balaji, and V. Kamaraj, "Analysis of Two Phase Switched Reluctance Motor with Flux Reversal Free Stator," Proc. of PEDS'15 Sydney, Australia, pp.320-325, June 2015.
- B. Bilgin, Ali Emadi, and M. Krishnamurthy, "Comprehensive Evaluation of the Dynamic Performance of a 6/10 SRM for Traction Application in PHEVs," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol.60, no.7, pp.2564-2575, July 2013.
- M. Cosovic, S. Smaka, I. Salihbegovic, and S. Masic, "Design Optimization of 8/14 Switched Reluctance Machinefor Electric Vehicle," Proc. of ICEM'12, pp.2654-2659, 2012.
- Cheewoo Lee, R. Krishinan, and N. S. Lobo, "Novel Two-Phase Switched Reluctance Machine Using Common Pole E-Core Structure : Concept, Analysis, and Experimental Verification," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.45, no.2, pp.703-711, March/April 2009.
- Jin-Woo Ahn, "Characteristics Analysis of Short Flux-path 4/3 SRM," JICEMS, vol.2, no.1, pp.40-44, 2013.
- Hamed Eskandari and Mojtaba Mirsalim, "An Improved 9/12 Two-Phase E-Core Switched Reluctance Machine," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.28, no.4, pp.951-958, Dec. 2013.
- Vandana R and G. Fernandes, "Design Methodology for High-Performance Segmented Rotor Switched Reluctance Motors," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.30, no.1, pp.11-21, March 2015.
- James D. Widmer, Richard Martin, and Barrie C. Mecrow, "Optimization of an 80-kW Segmental Rotor Switched Reluctance Machine for Automotive Traction," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.51, no 4, pp.2990-2999, July/Aug. 2015.
- Zhenyao Xu, Dong-Hee Lee, and jin-Woo Ahn,"Design of a Novel 6/5 Segmental Rotor Type Switched Reluctance Motor," IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, pp.1-7, 2014.
- Hongtao Zhang. Fengge Zhang, Dong-Hee Lee, and Jin-Woo Ahn, "Design and Performance Analysis of Segmental Rotor Type 12/8 Switched Reluctance Motor," ITEC-AP 2014 IEEE Conference and Expo, pp.1-6, Aug. 2014.
- Wei Wang, Mengying Luo, Eva Cosoroaba, Babak Fahimi, and Morgan Kiani, "Rotor Shape Investigation and Optimization of Double Stator Switched Reluctance Machine," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, vol.51, no.3, Mar. 2015.
- Anas Labak and Narayan C. Kar, "Designing and Prototyping a Novel Five-Phase Pancake-Shaped Axial- Flux SRM for Electric Vehicle Application Through Dynamic FEA Incorporating Flux-Tube Modeling," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.49, no.3, pp.1276-1288, May/June 2013.
- R. Madhavan, and Baylon G. Fernandes, "Performance Improvement in the Axial Flux- Segmented Rotor-Switched Reluctance Motor," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.29, no.3, pp.641-651, Sept. 2014.
- Hirimu Arihara and Kan Akatsu, "Basic Properties of an Axial-Type Switched Reluctance Motor," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol.49, no.1, pp.59-65, Jan./Feb. 2013.
- R. Madhavan and Baylon G. Fernandes, "Axial Flux Segmented SRM with a Higher Number of Rotor Segments for Electric Vehicles," IEEE Trans. on EC, vol.28, no.1, pp.203-213, March. 2013.
Supported by : Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology