- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Positioning Method Using a Vehicular Black-Box Camera and a 2D Barcode in an Indoor Parking Lot
스마트폰 카메라와 2차원 바코드를 이용한 실내 주차장 내 측위 방법
Song, Jihyun;Lee, Jae-sung
- Received : 2015.11.09
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2016.01.31
GPS is not able to be used for indoor positioning and currently most of techniques emerging to overcome the limit of GPS utilize private wireless networks. However, these methods require high costs for installation and maintenance, and they are inappropriate to be used in the place where precise positioning is needed as in indoor parking lots. This paper proposes a vehicular indoor positioning method based on QR-code recognition. The method gets an absolute coordinate through QR-code scanning, and obtain the location (an relative coordinate) of a black-box camera using the tilt and roll angle correction through affine transformation, scale transformation, and trigonometric function. Using these information of an absolute coordinate and an relative one, the precise position of a car is estimated. As a result, average error of 13.79cm is achieved and it corresponds to just 27.6% error rate in contrast to 50cm error of the recent technique based on wireless networks.
Indoor Positioning;Computer Vision;Pattern Recognition;Image Geometry;QR-code
- Liu, Hui, et al. "Survey of wireless indoor positioning techniques and systems." Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 31, pp.1067-1080, Nov. 2007.
- Lee, Jae-Yeong, and Wonpil Yu, "Robust self-localization of ground vehicles using artificial landmark." in Proceeding of 2014 11th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp.303-307, 2014.
- Costa-Montenegro, Enrique, "QR-Maps: An efficient tool for indoor user location based on QR-codes and Google maps." in Proceeding of Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2011 IEEE, Las Vegas, United States of America, pp.928-932, 2011.
- Denso, A. D. C. "Qr code essentials(2011)" Available: https://www.nacs.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=D1FpVAvvJuo%3D&tabid=1426&mid=4802
- Munoz-Mejias, David, Ivan Gonzalez-Diaz, and Fernando Diaz-de-Maria. "A low-complexity pre-processing system for restoring low-quality QR code images." Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57, pp.1320-1328, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2011.6018890
- Canny, John. "A computational approach to edge detection." Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on, vol. PAMI-8, pp.679-698, Nov. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.1986.4767851
- Ramer, Urs. "An iterative procedure for the polygonal approximation of plane curves.", Computer Graphics and Image Processing, vol. 1, pp.244-256, Nov. 1972. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0146-664X(72)80017-0
- Douglas, David H., and Thomas K. Peucker, "Algorithms for the reduction of the number of points required to represent a digitized line or its caricature.", Cartographica: The International Journal for Geographic Information and Geovisualization, vol. 10, pp.112-122, Jan. 1973. https://doi.org/10.3138/FM57-6770-U75U-7727
- Rahul Raj C. P, SeshuBabu Tolety, and Catheine Immaculate, "QR code based navigation system for closed building using smart phones", in Proceeding of 2013 International Multi-Conference on Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing (iMac4s), Kottayam, India, pp.641-644, 2013.
- B. Froba, and A. Ernst, "Face detection with the modified census transform", in Processing of 6th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, Seoul, South Korea, pp. 91-96, May 2004.
Supported by : IITP(Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion)