- Volume 20 Issue 1
In this paper, we propose a system that tracks the position of the passengers and sailors using a Bluetooth-based Beacon in the ship. The position of the tracking passengers, sometimes fatal emergencies of the rescue team, such as the sinking of the ship is utilized in order to efficiently and quickly rescue the passengers, and the collected data can be utilized additionally by grasping the flow of human traffic patterns. The system proposed in this paper, install MAC data acquisition called AP (Access Point) for each cabin, and in the installed AP retrieves Tag of the information provided to the passenger and collected. A Tag has only its own MAC Address to the privacy, no user information is not collected. All data communication by sending and receiving MAC Address was only to ensure anonymity.
Bluetooth;Tracking Position;Ship Accident;Beacon;Proximity-Based
- IlKyu Ha, Zhehao Zhang, HeeJoo Park, ChongGun Kim, "Analysis of Wi-Fi Signal Characteristics for Indoor Positioning Measurement," Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 2177-2184, Oct. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.10.2177
- SangWoo Lee, SeonWoo Kim, "Trends and Prospects in Indoor Positioning Technology," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 32, no.2, pp. 81-88, Jan. 2015.
- Y. Kim, H. Shin, Y. Chon, H. Cha, "Smartphone-based Wi-Fi tracking system exploiting the RSS peak to overcome the RSS variance problem," Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 406-420, June. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmcj.2012.12.003
- C. Laoudias, R. Pich, C. G. Panayiotou, "Device selfcalibration in location systems using signal strength histograms," Journal of Location Based Services, vol. 7, no. 3, pp.165-181, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/17489725.2013.816792
- Y. J. Jang. (2011, April). Bluetooth v4.0 - Low Energy Technology Trends. Telecommunications Technology Association [Online] Available:http://www.tta.or.kr/data/weekly_view.jsp?news_id=3345.
- National Information Society Agency, "The Emerging Beacon Services and Diffusion of New Business," National Information Society Agency, Seoul, IT & Future Strategy Report, 2014.
- Jinan Huamao Technology Limited Company, Bluetooth 4.0 Module Specification [Online] Available: http://www.jnhuamao.cn
- Design of School Commuting System using Beacon vol.20, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.10.1941