- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Computational generation method of elemental images using a Kinect sensor in 3D depth-priority integral imaging
3D 깊이우선 집적영상 디스플레이에서의 키넥트 센서를 이용한 컴퓨터적인 요소영상 생성방법
Ryu, Tae-Kyung;Oh, Yongseok;Jeong, Shin-Il
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2016.01.31
In this paper, we propose a generation of 2D elemental images for 3D objects using Kinect in 3D depth-priority integral imaging (DPII) display. First, we analyze a principle to pickup elemental images based on ray optics. Based on our analysis, elemental images are generated with both RGB image and depth image recorded from Kinect. We reconstruct 3D images from the elemental images with the computational integral imaging reconstruction technique and then compare various perspective images. To show the usefulness of the proposed method, we carried out the preliminary experiments. The experimental results reveal that our method can provide correct 3D images with full parallax.
3D display;integral imaging;elemental images;kinect
- B. Javidi and F. Okano, Three-Dimensional Television, Video, and Display Technologies, Springer-verlag publishing, Berlin, 2002.
- G. Lippmann, "La photographie integrale," Comptes- Rendus, Academie des Sciences, vol. 146, pp. 446-451, 1908.
- J.-S. Jang and B. Javidi, "Improved viewing resolution of three-dimensional integral imaging by use of nonstationary micro-optics," Optics Letter, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 324-326, May 2002. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.27.000324
- X. Xiao, B. Javidi, M. Martinez-Corral, and A. Stern, "Advances in three-dimensional integral imaging: sensing, display, and applications ," Applied Optics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 546-560, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.52.000546
- J. Kim, J. -H. Jung, Y. Jeong, K. Hong, and B. Lee, "Real-time integral imaging system for light field microscopy," Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 10210-10220, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.22.010210
- J.-H. Park, Y. Kim, J. Kim, S.-W. Min, and B. Lee, "Three-dimensional display scheme based on integral imaging with three-dimensional information processing," Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 24, pp. 6020-6032, Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1364/OPEX.12.006020
- T. Ryu, B. Lee, and S. Lee, "Mutual constraint using partial occlusion artifact removal for computational integral imaging reconstruction," Applied Optics, vol. 54, no. 13, pp. 4147-4153, Jul. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.54.004147
- D.-H. Shin, S.-H. Lee and E.-S. Kim, "Optical display of true 3D objects in depth-priority integral imaging using an active sensor," Optics Communications, vol. 275, no. 2, pp. 330-334, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2007.03.072
- K. Konolige and P. Mihelich, "Technical description of Kinect calibration," http://www.ros.org/wiki/kinect_calibr ation/technical, 2011.
- S.-B. Lee and Y.-S. Ho, "Real-time Stereo View Generation using Kinect Depth Camera," Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference 2011, pp. PM.PS3.12, 2011.
- D.-H. Shin, B. Lee and E.-S. Kim, "Improved viewing quality of 3-D images in computational integral imaging reconstruction based on lenslet array model," ETRI Journal, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 521-524, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.06.0206.0014
Supported by : Pukyong National University