- Volume 20 Issue 1
RFID technology is a technology perceiving information with the device called reader and tag which is now used in public transportation such as Hi-pass. In this paper, we design a system which tracks indoor location using this technology. GPS, the most frequently used location-tracking system, has a defect that its accuracy decreases when the device is indoor. In suggested experiment, we simulate signals according to the moving of located objects, then compare with the result of the experiment. Based on the extracted data, we inform data which is for the purpose of tracking system based on analysis of the route and errors. Simulations for the tracking were performed with relocation of real objects. In the real experiment, we arrange the readers around the room and move the tagged object that we like to know the location, then analyze the data from the equipment. This paper suggests the analyzed data for the future indoor tag tracking applications. We expect that the RFID based location positioning data will be used for other indoor positioning research and development.
Reader;Tag;Ubiquitous Computing;Indoor Positioning
- Woo Chool Park, and Hyung Soo Lee, Myung Hyun Yoon, "Development of Indoor Positioning System for Locationaware Services," Conference on information and control systems, pp. 286-288, 2005.
- Tae-Sung Kim, Hyo-Jung Jun and Kwang Woo Nam, "Business Models for Location Based Services," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 31 no. 9B, pp. 848-856, Sep. 2006.
- Jae Ho Shin, and Yeon Chan Hong, "Development of High-Speed RFID Reader System," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 915-919, Sep. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2007.13.9.915
- Klaus Finkenzeller (Giesecke & Devrient GmbH, Munich, Germany), "RFID Handbook Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification," Wiley, pp. 61-97, May. 2003.
- Changsun Yoon, Dongmin Yoon, Youngchan Kwon, Yeonchan Hong), "RFID Based Indoor Localization and Effective Tag Arrangement Method," Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 12, Dec. 2015.
- P. Nikitin, V. Rao, R. Martinez, and S. Lam, "Sensitivityand impedance measurements of UHF RFID Chips," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1297-1302, May. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2009.2017297
- A. Ghiotto, T. P. Vuong, and K. Wu, "Chip and antenna impedance measurement for the design of passive UHF RFID tag," EuMC, pp. 1086-1089, Sep. 2010.
- T. Bjorninen, M. Lauri, L. Ukkonen, R. Ritala, A.Z. Elsherbeni, and L. Sydanheimo, "Wireless measuremnet of RFID IC impedance," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, pp. 3194-3206, Sep. 2011.
- Yang Zheng, Xiuping Li, "Solution of measuring the impedance of encapsulated RFID chip," ICMMT 2010 Proceedings, pp. 1518-1521, May. 2010.
- P. V. Nikitin, K. V. S. Rao, "Effect of Gen2 protocol parameters on RFID tag performance," IEEE International Conference on RFID, pp. 117-122, Apr. 2009.
- Yongseog Sim, Jeenmo Yang, "Impedance Evaluation Method of UHF RFID Tag Chip for Maximum Read Range," The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 1148-1157, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2013.24.12.1148
- EPC Global Radio-Frequency Identity Protocols Class-1 Generation2 UHF RFID, ver 1.0.9, 2005.
- Hyunchul Shim, Chunghyun Cha, Jongtae Park, Chonggun Yu, "Design of a Low-Power CMOS Analog Front-End Circuit for UHF Band RFID Tag Chips," The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea Semiconductor and Devices, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 28-36, 2008.
- Changyong Han, and Gyeyoung Lee, Jaegeol Yim, Kyubark Shim, "Implementation of AP-Based and RFID-Based Indoor Positioning Web Services," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, vol.15, no.1, pp. 71-80, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2012.15.1.071
- L. Cong and W. huang, "Non-line-of-sight error mitigation in TDOA mobile location," Global Telecommunications Conference IEEE, vol. 1, pp. 680-684, 2001.
- Y.Chan, W. Tsui, H. So, and P. Ching, "Time-of-arrival based localization under NLOS conditions," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 55, no. 1 pp. 17-24. Jan. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2005.861207
- C. S. Yoon, K. Y. Jeon, and S. H. Cho, "The performance enhancement of UHF RFID reader in multi-path fading environment using antenna diversity," Proceedings of 2008 International Technical Conference on Circuits/System, Computers and Communications, pp.1429-1432, 2008.
- Myunghwan Tak, Sukkun Jee, Younghoon Joo, "Error Revision of the Unknown Tag Location in Smart Space," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 16, no. 2, pp 158-163, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.2.158