- Volume 20 Issue 1
Active synthetic aperture sonar on the small UUV is generated several trajectory disturbances under the influences of underwater environments, and causing a large error in the synthetic aperture processing. In this paper, we analyzed the effects of azimuth resolution for the phase mismatch of the synthetic aperture focus processing when the periodic or random trajectory disturbances was generated on the side direction. The simulation results show that ghost targets are generated and azimuth resolution is very deteriorated when disturbance amplitude is greater than
Synthetic aperture sonar;Trajectory disturbance;Azimuth resolution;UUV
- X. Zhang, J. Tang, and H. Zhong, "Multireceiver correction for the chirp Scaling algorithm in synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 472-481, July 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2013.2251809
- L. Haisen, X. Jian, and Z. Tian, "Study of multibeam synthetic aperture sonar line by line imaging algorithm", 2012 International Conference on Measurement and Control, pp. 273-277, 2012.
- T. O. Saebo, S. A. V. Synnes, and R. E. Hansen, "Wideband interferometry in synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 4450-4459, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2013.2244900
- M. P. Hayes, "Synthetic aperture sonar: a review of current status", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 34, pp. 207-217, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2009.2020853
- R. E. Hansen, H. J. Callow, T. O. Saebo, and S. A. V. Synnes, "Challenges in seafloor imaging and mapping with synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Transactions on geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 3677-3687, Oct. 2011.
- R. E. Hansen, Introduction to synthetic aperture sonar, pp. 1-25, Available: http://www.intechopen.com
- J. E. Piper, K. W. Commander, E. I. Thorsos, and K. L. Williams, "Detection of buried targets using a synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 27, pp. 495-503, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2002.1040933
- R. E. Hansen and S. Chapman, "Signal processing for AUV based interferometric synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Xplore Digital Library, pp. 2438-2444, 2003.
- B. Jalving, K. Gade, O. K. Hagan, and K. Vestgard, "A toolbox of aiding techniques for the HUGIN AUV integrated inertial navigation system", In Proceeding of the MTS/IEEE Oceans Conference and Exhibition, San Diego, 2003.
- H. J. Callow, M. P. Hayes, and Peter T. Gough, "Motioncompensation improvement for widebeam, multiple-receiver SAS systems", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 34, pp. 262-268, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2009.2014659
- R. S. H. Istepanian and M. Stojanovic, "Underwater acoustic digital signal processing and communication systems", Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 37-75, 2002.
- H. Schmaljohann and J. Groen, "Motion estimation for synthetic aperture sonars", 2012 EUSAR 9th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar, Germany, pp. 78-81, April 2012.
- S. Zhu, J. Yue, and W. Jiang, "SAS autofocus based on phase gradient autofocus", 2011 4th International Workshop on Chaos-Fractals Theories and Applications, pp. 298-301, Oct. 2011.
- S. R. Silva, S. Cunha, A. Matos, and N. Cruz, "Sub-band processing of synthetic aperture sonar data", Proceeding of the OCEANS 2008 MTS/IEEE Conference, pp.1-8, 2008.
- J. E. Piper, R. Lim, E. I. Thorsos, and K. L. Williams, "Buried sphere detection using a synthetic aperture sonar", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 485-494, Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2009.2030971
Supported by : Pukyong National University