- Volume 65 Issue 1
In general, the voltage stability of induction generator is lower than synchronous generator. Induction generator has a number of advantages over the synchronous generator on the side of price and maintenance. So Induction generator has been applied to the small hydroelectric power of low output. Induction generator usually generates a high current during grid connection. The high current that occurs during grid connection can cause a voltage drop in the system. In order to increase the supply of the induction generator, it is necessary to propose a method of reducing high current. This paper proposes some method of the soft start to reduce voltage drop caused by the large starting current. soft-start method has high voltage drop effect than direct start method, control of firing angle can be increased the voltage drop effect.
Induction generator;Inrush current;Small hydro;Soft-start;Voltage drop
- 2012 New & Renewable Energy, MOKE & KEMCO
- Yong-kuk Kim, Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Study on the Operation Characteristic of Induction Generator in the Small Hydropower Plant", KIEE, Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 632-638, 2013. 05
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Young-Jeen Park, Il-Jung Kim, Young-Kuk-Kim, "Characteristics Analysis of Induction generator with a change in rotor speed", KIEE, Vol. 60, No. 18, pp. 2225-2229, 2011. 12
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Analysis for the Inrush Current and Voltage Drop of Induction Generator by the Reactor Tap Change", KIEE, Vol. 64, No. 8, pp. 1202-1206, 2015. 08
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Study on the Voltage Drop of Induction Generator along the Rotor Shape", KIEE, Vol. 64P, No. 2, pp. 62-66, 2015. 06
- K. S. Pankaj, J. P. Nelson, "Application Guidelines for Induction Generators," in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 18-21, 1997, Paper WC1/5.1 - WC1/5.3.
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators, CRC Press, 2004
- D. S. Henderson, Synchronous or induction Generators?-The choice for small scale generation, IEE Conf, Pub, pp. 146-149, 1996
- G. Zenginobuz, I. Cadirici, M. Ermis and C. barlak, "Soft starting of large induction motors at constant current with minimized starting torque pulsations", IEEE Trans. Ind. 2001, Apr, 37(5), pp. 137-144 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.903136
- F. Iov, Hansen, F. Blaabjerg, Remus Teodorescu, "Modelling of soft-starters for wind turbine applications", Power quality 3rd ed., proceedings, pp. 179-182, 2003. May
- A. Gastli and M.M. Ahmed, "ANN-based soft starting of voltage controlled fed IM drive system", IEEE Trans on EC, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 497-503, 2005, Sep
- Gurkan Zenginobuz, et al., "Performance Optimization of Induction Motors During Voltage Controlled Soft Starting", IEEE Trans on EC, vol. 19, pp. 278-288, 2004, Jun
- Gurkan Zenginobus, Isik Cardici, Muammer Ermis, Cuneyt Barlak, "Soft Starting of Large Induction Motors at Constant Current With Minimized Starting Torque Pulsations", IEEE Trans on IA, Vol. 37, No. 5, Sep/Oct 2001.
- Masaki Sato et al., 1991,"Study on the Inrush Currents of Induction Generator due to Abrupt Connection Utility Power Networks", TIEE Japan, Vol.111-D, No. 8, pp. 689-697
- H. W. Dommel, Electromagnetic Transients Program. Reference Manual (EMTP Theory Book), BPA 1986.