- Volume 65 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
C/H 철탑 종단접속함 보호용 피뢰기 리드선 길이에 따른 뇌과전압 분석
Analysis on Lightning Overvoltage According to Lead Length of Surge Arrester for Underground Cable Outdoor Termination Protection at C/H Tower
- 투고 : 2015.11.10
- 심사 : 2016.01.21
- 발행 : 2016.02.01
This paper describes the lightning arrester transients in cable head termination. The installation references of cable head tower and lightning arresters are firstly reviewed, then the performance of lightning arrester operation is also evaluated based on lightning overvoltage analysis by the change of grounding lead cable length. This paper finally proposes the optimal length of grounding lead cable at the cable head termination. The limited lightning current is also proposed according to the change of grounding lead cable length. The results will contribute to protecting insulation breakdown failure against lightning surge at the terminations and joints.
Cable head;Lightning;Termination;Underground power cables
- Cigre-Korea, "Underground Cable System Engineering" April 2014
- KEPCO, "Underground Transmission Cable System", December 2012
- KEPCO, "Underground Design Standard DS-6410(Cable head), September 2013
- Kwak, joosik et at., "Analysis of Lightning observed by KEPCO Lightning Detection Network, 2015 KIEE Annual Summer Conference Proceedings, July 2015
- KEPRI Final Report, "Determination Applied Standards for 345kV & 154kV Gapless Surge Arresters(Final Report), Feb. 2000
- KEPCO, "Substation Design Standard DS-2531 (Selection of Lightning Arrester), June 2008
- ABB, "Surge Arresters - Buyer's Guide", 2008.