- Volume 65 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Obstacle Detection for Unmanned Ground Vehicle on Uneven Terrain
비평지용 무인차량을 위한 장애물 탐지
Choe, Tok Son;Joo, Sang Hyun;Park, Yong Woon;Park, Jin Bae
- Received : 2015.10.26
- Accepted : 2016.01.07
- Published : 2016.02.01
We propose an obstacle detection algorithm for unmanned ground vehicle on uneven terrain. The key ideas of the proposed algorithm are the use of two-layer laser range data to calculate the gradient of a target, which is characterized as either ground or obstacles. The proposed obstacle detection algorithm includes 4-steps: 1) Obtain the distance data for each angle from multiple lidars or a multi-layer scan lidar. 2) Calcualate the gradient for each angle of the uneven terrain. 3) Determine ground or obstacle for each angle on the basis of reference gradient. 4) Generate a new distance data for each angle for a virtual laser scanner. The proposed algorithm is verified by various experiments.
Obstacle detection;Unmanned ground vehicle;Uneven terrain
- Badal, S., Ravela, S., Draper, B., and Hanson, A., "A practical obstacle detection and avoidance system", Proceedings of the Second IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, pp. 97-104, 1994.
- Broggi, A., Bertozzi, M., Fascioli, A., Bianco, C. G. L., and Piazzi, A., "Visual perception of obstacles and vehicles for platooning", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 1(3), 164-176, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/6979.892153
- Lacaze, A., Murphy, K., and DelGiorno, M., "Autonomous mobility for the Demo III experimental unmanned vehicles" in Assoc. for Unmanned Vehicle Systems Int. Conf. on Unmanned Vehicles (AUVSI), 2002.
- Hong, T., Abrams, M., Chang, T., and Shneier, M. O., "An intelligent world model for autonomous off-road driving", Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 2002.
- Manz, M., Himmelsbach, M., Luettel, T. and Wuensche, H.-J., "Detection and tracking of road networks in rural terrin by fusing vision and LIDAR", Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Fransisco, CA, USA, pp. 4562-4568, 25-30 Sep. 2011.
- Habermann, D., Hata, A., Wolf, D. and Osorio, F. S., "3D point clouds segmentation for autonomous ground vehicle", 2013 III Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering, Niteroi, pp. 143-148, Dec. 4-8 2013.
Grant : 단위로봇 경로계획/제어기술(자율주행 7레벨)
Supported by : 국방과학연구소, LIG Nex1