- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis and Design of a Separate Sampling Adaptive PID Algorithm for Digital DC-DC Converters
- Chang, Changyuan (School of Integrated Circuits, Southeast University) ;
- Zhao, Xin (School of Integrated Circuits, Southeast University) ;
- Xu, Chunxue (School of Integrated Circuits, Southeast University) ;
- Li, Yuanye (School of Integrated Circuits, Southeast University) ;
- Wu, Cheng'en (School of Integrated Circuits, Southeast University)
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.06.14
- Published : 2016.11.20
Based on the conventional PID algorithm and the adaptive PID (AD-PID) algorithm, a separate sampling adaptive PID (SSA-PID) algorithm is proposed to improve the transient response of digitally controlled DC-DC converters. The SSA-PID algorithm, which can be divided into an oversampled adaptive P (AD-P) control and an adaptive ID (AD-ID) control, adopts a higher sampling frequency for AD-P control and a conventional sampling frequency for AD-ID control. In addition, it can also adaptively adjust the PID parameters (i.e.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, Central Universities
- P. Zumel, C. Fernandez, M. Sanz, A. Lazaro, and A. Barrado, "Step-by-step design of an FPGA-based digital compensator for DC/DC converters oriented to an introductory course," IEEE Trans. Educ., Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 599-609, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TE.2010.2100397
- W. Huang and J. A. A. Qahouq, "Tuning of a digital proportional-integral compensator for DC-DC power converter," in Proc. APEC, pp. 270-275, 2013.
- J. A. A. Qahouq and V. Arikatla, "Online closed-loop autotuning digital controller for switching power converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 5, pp. 1747-1758, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2190373
- Y. F. Liu, E. Meyer, and X. D. Liu, "Recent developments in digital control strategies for DC/DC switching power converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 2567-2577, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2030809
- E. R. C. S. Madhukiran, P. S. Thota, B. Sridhar, and K. Dileesh, "Control of Buck converter by Polynomial, PID and PD controllers," in Proc. PRIMEASIA, pp. 94-99, 2012.
- S. Lee and J. Burm, "A DC-DC buck converter with using a digital PID regulator based on a simple control algorithm," in Proc. ISSCS, pp. 355-358, 2011.
- M. Mahdavian, M. B. Poudeh, and N. Wattanapongsakorn, "Improving the efficiency of power supplies with an adaptive control method," in Proc. ECTI-CON, pp. 1-4, 2013.
- V. Arikatla and J. A. A. Qahouq, "DC-DC power converter with digital PID controller," in Proc. APEC, pp. 327-330, 2011.
- D. Trevisan, W. Stefanutti, P. Mattavelli, and P. Tenti, "FPGA control of SIMO dc-dc converters using load current estimation," in Proc. IECON, pp. 2243-2248, 2005.
- K.-W. Seo and H. H. Choi, "Simple fuzzy PID controllers for DC-DC converters," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 724-729, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.724
- A. T. L. Lee, J. K. O. Sin, and P. C. H. Chan, "Adaptive high-bandwidth digitally controlled buck converter with improved line and load transient response," IET Power Electron., Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 515-526, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2013.0263
- Q. Wang, N. Chen, S. Xu, W. Sun, and L. Shi, "Trajectory prediction control for digital control DC-DC converters with fast transient response," Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 767-774, Jun. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2014.04.024
- V. Yousefzadeh, A. Babazadeh, B. Ramachandran, E. Alarcon, L. Pao, and D. Maksimovic, "Proximate time-optimal digital control for synchronous buck DC-DC converters', IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 2018-2026, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.924843
- C. E. Carrejo, E. Vidal-Idiarte, R. Giral, and L. Martinez-Salamero, "Predictive digital interpolation current control for DC-DC power converters," IET Power Electron., Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 545-554, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2008.0250
- J.-T. Su, D.-M. Liu, C.-W. Liu, and C.-W. Hung, "An adaptive control method for two-phase DC/DC Converter," in Proc. PEDS, pp. 288-293, 2009.
- G. Zhou, J. Xu, and Y. Jin, "Improved digital peak current predictive control for switching DC-DC converters," IET Power Electron., Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 227-234, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2009.0180
- E. G. Soenen, A. Roth, J. Shi, M. Kinyua, J. Gaither, and E. Ortynska, "A robust digital dc-dc converter with rail-to-rail output range in 40nm CMOS," in Proc. ISSCC, pp. 198-199, 2010.