- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Mode Switching Smooth Control of Transient Process of Grid-Connected 400 Hz Solid-State Power Supply System
- Zhu, Jun-Jie (National Key Laboratory for Vessel Integrated Power System Technology, Naval University of Engineering) ;
- Nie, Zi-Ling (National Key Laboratory for Vessel Integrated Power System Technology, Naval University of Engineering) ;
- Zhang, Yin-Feng (National Key Laboratory for Vessel Integrated Power System Technology, Naval University of Engineering) ;
- Han, Yi (National Key Laboratory for Vessel Integrated Power System Technology, Naval University of Engineering)
- Received : 2016.04.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.11
- Published : 2016.11.20
The mode-switching control of transient process is important to grid-connected 400 Hz solid-state power supply systems. Therefore, this paper analyzes the principle of on-grid and islanding operation of the system with or without local loads in the grid-connected process and provides a theoretical study of the effect of different switching sequences on the mode-switching transient process. The conclusion is that the mode switch (MS) must be turned on before the solid-state switch (STS) in the on-grid process and that STS must be turned off before the MS in the off-grid process. A strategy of mode-switching smooth control for transient process of the system is proposed, including its concrete steps. The strategy utilizes the average distribution of peak currents and the smooth adjustment of peak currents and phases to achieve a no-shock grid connection. The simulation and experimental results show that the theoretical analysis is correct and that the method is effective.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- C. Li, S.-M. Ji, and D. P. Tan, "Multiple-loop digital control method for a 400-Hz inverter system based on phase feedback," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 408-417, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2188043
- J. Zhu, Z. Nie, W. Ma, and S. Nie, "Comparison between DB control and dual-loop PR control for collapsed H-bridge single-phase 400Hz power supply," in IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), pp. 240-250, May 2012.
- H. Hu and Y. Xing, "Design considerations and fully digital implementation of 400-Hz active power filter for aircraft applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 8, pp. 3823-3834, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2282906
- J. Liu, P. Zanchetta, M. Degano, and E. Lavopa, "Control design and implementation for high performance shunt active filters in aircraft power grids," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 9, pp. 3604-3613, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2165454
- C. Liu, W. Ma, C. Sun, and W. Hu, "Digital control design of high power 400Hz inverters," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 100-107, Jan. 2011.
- N. Bottrell, M. Prodanovic, and T. C. Green, "Dynamic stability of a microgrid with an active load," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 28, No. 11, pp. 5107-5119, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2241455
- Q. Liu and M. Xie, "Strategies of grid-connection of doubly-fed variable-speed constant-frequency wind power generator with no-load and with load," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 27, No. 10, pp. 60-68, Oct. 2012.
- S. Rivera, S. Kouro, B. Wu, S. Alepuz, M. Malinowski, P. Cortes, and J. Rodriguez, "Multilevel direct power control-A generalized approach for grid-tied multilevel converter applications," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 29, No. 10, pp. 5592-5604, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2294711
- C. T. Lee, R. P. Jiang, and P. T. Cheng, "A grid synchronization method for droop-controlled distributed energy resource converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 954-962, Mar./Apr. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2242816
- J. M. Guerrero, T. L. Lee, P. C. Loh, and M. Chandorkar, "Advanced control architectures for intelligent microgrids - part II: Power quality, energy storage, and AC/DC microgrids," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 1263-1270, Apr. 2013.
- J. Jiang, S. Duan, and Z. Chen, "Research on control strategy for three-phase double mode inverter," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 52-58, Feb. 2012.
- J. M. Guerrero and L. T. Lee, "Power quality in microgrids and distribution power systems," in Proceedings of the ISIE, pp. 978-986, May 2012.
- X. Tang, W. Deng, and Z. Qi, "Research on grid-connected islanded seamless transition of microgrid based on energy storage," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 279-284, Feb. 2011.
- X. Chen, Y. Z. Sun, and Z. Meng, "Design on stand-alone grid-connected photovoltaic inverter system," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 56-60, May 2012.
- X. Tang, W. Deng, and Z. Qi, "Investigation of the dynamic stability of microgrid," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 698-706, Mar 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2285585
- A. Eid, H. El-Kishky, M. Abdel-Salam, and M. T. El-Mohandes. "On power quality of variable-speed constant-frequency aircraft electric power systems," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 55-65, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2031672
- L. Zixin, W. Ping, and L. Yaohua, "400Hz high-power voltage-source inverter with digital control," in Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 36-42, Feb. 2009.
- J. Zhu, W. Ma, Z. Nie, and Y. Wu, "Harmonic analysis and sectional suppression of 400Hz solid-state power supply," in 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), pp. 802-807, Nov. 2013.
- J. Zhu, W. Ma, and Z. Nie, "Integration control based on droop characteristics achieving double synchronization with the switching signal and the reception phase," High Voltage Engineering, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 77-82, Jan. 2016.