- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application Methodology of Greenhouse Gases Emission Table for Various Types of Roads and Vehicles
도로기하구조 조건에 따른 차량별 온실가스 배출량 산정사례 적용연구 - 맑은 날씨를 기준으로 -
- Received : 2015.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.02.15
PURPOSES : This study aimed to offer a greenhouse gases table to assist a road designer in calculating the greenhouse gases for a road environment when making a decision about an alternative road. METHODS : This study developed an operation mode table of greenhouse gases using the MOVES program. Similar factors for Korean vehicles and fuels are reflected in the MOVES program, which was made in the USA. Finally, a paired t-test was conducted to calculate the site data and MOVES data. Through these studies, a methodology was suggested for calculating carbon emissions based on various types of roads alignments. RESULTS : The site results for a passenger truck on the road were statistically significant when the vehicle speed was above 65 km/h. However, a future study will consider factors for various road alignments and vehicles. CONCLUSIONS : This study will contribute to the theoretical basis for reducing carbon emissions from roads by helping road designers make decisions about road alternatives in terms of the road environment.
MOVES program;road alignment;greenhouse gases;carbon emission;operation mode
- Akcelik, R. and Biggs, D. C.(1987), Acceleration Profile Models for Vehicles in Road Traffic, Transportation Science, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.36-54. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.21.1.36
- Akcelik, R., and Besley, M.(2001), Acceleration and Deceleration Models, 23rd Conference of Australian Institute of Transportation Research, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- EPA(1999), Determination of NOx and HC Basic Emission Rates, OBD and I/M Effects for Tier1 and Later LDVs and LDTs, EPA 420-P-99-009.
- EPA(2001), MOBILE6 Estimates of Exhaust Emissions for 1994-and-later Light Duty Diesel Cars and Truck, EPA420-R-01-041.
- EPA(2010), Motor Vehicle Emission Simulator, User Guide for MOVES2010a.
- European Environment Agency(1997), COPERT II Computer Programme to calculate Emissions from Road Transport Users Manual, Technical Report No. 5.
- European Environment Agency(2000), COPERT III Computer program to calculate emissions from road transport(Methodology and emission factors).
$CO_2$Emissions from Fuel Combustion, 2011 Highlights.
- KID(2008), Feasibility Study Guideline of Road & Rail Sectors.
- Ko, Myunghoon(2011), Incorporating Vehicle Emission Models into the Highway Design Process, Ph.D. Dissertation, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
- Lee, Jonghak(2013), Evaluation of Horizontal Alignment Alternatives Based on Levels of the Greenhouse Gases, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Transportation Engineering, University of Seoul.
- MLIT(2013), Carbon Neutralization Technology of Road(Secon Year).
- National Insititute of Environmental Researcher (2009), Establishment of Climate Change Responding System(II).
- Park, S. and Rakha, H.(2006), Energy and Environmental Impacts of Roadway Grades, In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1987, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D. C., pp.148-160.
- 大 口.片倉.谷口(2002), 都市部道路交通における自動車の二酸化炭素排出量推定モデル, 土木學會論文集, No.695/IV-54, pp.125-136.
- 수도권대기환경청 홈페이지, http://www.me.go.kr/
Supported by : 기상청