- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Performance of MgO-based Patching Materials for Rapid Repair of Concrete Pavement
콘크리트 포장의 급속 보수를 위한 산화마그네슘계열 단면복구재의 성능에 대한 실험적 연구
Lee, Hyeongi;Ann, Kiyong;Sim, Jongsung
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2016.02.01
- Published : 2016.02.15
PURPOSES : This study aims to develop a repair material that can enhance pavement performance, inducing rapid traffic opening through early strength development and fast setting time by utilizing MgO-based patching materials for repairing road pavements. METHODS : To consider the applicability of MgO-based patching materials for repairing domestic road pavements, first, strength development and setting time of the materials were evaluated, based on MgO to
Magnesium Oxide;Potassium Phosphate;repair material;patching material;rapid repair;concrete pavement
- Chau, C. K., Qiao, F. and Li, Z.(2011), "Microstructure of magnesium potassium phosphate cement", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 25, 2911-2917. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.12.035
- Cho, H. W., Kang, S. T., Shin, H. S. and Lee, J. H.(2012), "Fundamental properties of magnesia-phosphate composite considering mix condition and curing temperature", Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 163-170. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2012.16.6.163
- Ding, Z., Dong, B., Xing, F., Han, Z. and Li, Z.(2012)," Cementing mechanism of potassium phosphate based magnesium phospahte cement", Ceramics International, Vol. 38, pp. 6281-6288. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2012.04.083
- Hong, S. G., Kim, D. Y. and Lee, D. S.(2013), "Fundamental properties and hydration charateristics of mortar based on MgO added industrial by-products", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 565-572. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.5.565
- Lee, S. T., Lee, D. H. and Lee, J. J.(2010)," Performance of cement concrete pavement incorporating mineral admixtures", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 113-119.
- Li, J., Zhang, W. and Cao, Y.(2014), "Laboratory evaluation of magnesium phosphate cement paste and mortar for rapid repair of cement concrete pavement", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 58, pp. 122-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.02.015
- Mehta, P. K. and Monteiro, P. J.(2006), Concrete: Microstructure, properties and materials, 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Mindess, S., Young, F. J. and Darwin, D.(2002), Concrete, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall.
- Park, S. S. and Kim, J. H.(2010), "Study of adhesive strength of polymer modified cement mortar for maintenance in concrete structure", Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 128-135.
- Park, J. J., Kim, S. W., Koh, K. T., Lee, J. S. and Lee, J. H.(2004), "A Method on the rapid assessment of resistance to chloride ion penetration for mortar and concrete with mineral admixtures", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 485-492. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2004.16.4.485
- Qiao, F., Chau, C. K. and Li, Z.(2010), "Property evaluation of magnesium phosphate cement mortar as patch repair material", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 24, pp. 695-700. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2009.10.039
- Soudee, E. and Pera, J.(2000), "Mechanism of setting reaction in magnesia-phosphate cements", Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 30, pp. 315-321. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(99)00254-9
- Yang, Q., Zhang, S. and Wu, X.(2002), "Deicer-scaling resistance of phosohate cement-based binder for rapid repair of concrete", Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 32, pp. 165-168. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(01)00651-2
- Yang, Q., Zhu, B. and Wu, X.(2000)," Characteristics and durability test of magnesium phosphate cement-based material for rapid repair of concrete", Materials and Structures, Vol. 33, pp. 229-234. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02479332
- Yue, L. and Bing, C.(2013), "Factors that affect the properties of magnesium phosphate cement", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 47, pp. 977-983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.05.103
- Yue, L., Jia, S. and Bing, C.(2014), "Experimental study of magnesia and M/P ratio influencing properties of magnesium phosphate cement", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 65, pp. 177-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.04.136
- Yun, K. K. and Park, C. W.(2009), "Fundamental study on high strength and high durability cement concrete pavement: Part I Optimum mix proportions", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 41-49.
- Zi, G., Oh, H., Sim, J. and Yi, C.(2012)", Development of a concrete with high durability and better visibility by using waste-glass", Report of Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute.
Supported by : 국토교통부