- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Correlation Analysis of Air-void, Air-spacing factor and Long-term Durability for Roller-compacted Concrete pavement
롤러 전압 콘크리트 포장의 공기량 및 기포간격계수와 장기 내구성의 상관관계 분석을 위한 실험적 연구
Lee, Jun Hee;Lee, Seung Woo
- Received : 2015.11.30
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.02.15
PURPOSES : The use of roller-compacted concrete pavement (RCCP) is an environmentally friendly method of construction that utilizes the aggregate interlock effect by means of a hydration reaction and roller compacting, demonstrating a superb structural performance with a relatively small unit water content and unit cement content. However, even if an excellent structural performance was secured through a previous study, the verification research on the environmental load and long-term durability was conducted under unsatisfactory conditions. In order to secure longterm durability, the construction of an appropriate internal air-void structure is required. In this study, a method of improving the long-term durability of RCCP will be suggested by analyzing the internal air-void structure and relevant durability of roller-compacted concrete. METHODS : The method of improving the long-term durability involves measurements of the air content, air voids, and air-spacing factor in RCCP that experiences a change in terms of the kind of air-entraining agent and chemical admixture proportions. This test should be conducted on the basis of test criteria such as ASTM C 457, 672, and KS F 2456. RESULTS : Freezing, thawing, and scaling resistance tests of roller compacted concrete without a chemical admixture showed that it was weak. However, as a result of conducting air entraining (AE) with an AE agent, a large amount of air was distributed with a range of 2~3%, and an air void spacing factor ranging from 200 to
RCCP;roller-compacted concrete;air spacing factor;surface scaling resistance test;freezing and thawing resistance test;durability
- Farshid Vahedifard., Mahmoud Nili., Christopher L. Meehan., 2010, Assessing the effects of supplementary cementitious materials on the performance of low-cement roller compacted concrete pavement, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 2528-2535. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.06.003
- ASTM C672, Standard Test Method for Scaling Resistance of Concrete Surfaces Exposed to Deicing Chemicals.
- ASTM C457, Standard Test Method for Microscopical Determination of Parameters of the Air-Void System in Hardened Concrete.
- ASTM C1170, Standard Test Method for Determining Consistency and Density of Roller-Compacted Concrete Using a Vibrating Table.
- Dale Harrington et al., 2010, Guide for Roller Compacted Concrete Pavements, National CP Tech Center.
- Han, H. S., and Jin, Y. M., 2009, The Future of Concrete Admixture Industry for Low Carbon, Green Growth, Journal of the Korean Concrete Institute, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 41-43.
- Hwang, H. J., and Kim, J. G., 2010, Evaluation of Chloride Attack Resistibility of Concrete Damaged Due to Freezing-Thawing, Master's Thesis, Dong-Eui University.
- KS F 2456, Standard test method for resistance of concrete to rapid freezing and thawing.
- Lee, B. C., Kim, J. C., Um, J. Y., Yu, T. S., and Lim, S. W., 1996, An Experimental Study on the Concrete Pavement Method for Early Traffic Opening, Korea Expressway Corporation, Practical Reports, pp. 12-13.
- Lee, C.. H., Kim, Y. K., Kang, J. G., Park, C. W., and Lee, S. W., 2011, A Study on Construction Methods of Roller Compacted Concrete Pavement for Bike Roads, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 2 pp. 103-114.
- Luhr, D. R., 2006, Frost Durability of Roller-Compacted Concrete Pavements, Portland Cement Association.
- Richard Pleau, Michel Pigeon, Jean-Luc Laurencot, 2001, Some Findings of the Usefulness of Image Analysis for Determining the Characteristics of Air-Void System on hardened Concrete, Cement & Concrete Composites 23, pp. 237-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(00)00079-2
- Song, S. H., and Lee, S. W., 2015, A Study on the Gradation Effect of the Property of Roller Compacted Concrete Pavement, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 3 pp. 49-58.
- Yun, K. K., Jeong, W. K., Jun, I. K., and Lee, B. H., 2004, Analysis of Air Voids System Using Image Analysis Technique in Hardened Concrete, Journal of the Korean Concrete Institute, Vol. 16, No. 6. pp. 740-750.
- ACI 325.10R-25, Report on Roller Compacted Concrete pavements.
Grant : 온실가스 배출 최소화를 위한 친환경 포장도로(Eco-Road)
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원