- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Strategy of City Brand Activation by Confusion Content - Case Study of Andong City and Qufu City
유교문화 콘텐츠를 활용한 도시브랜드 활성화 방안 연구 - 안동시와 중국 곡부시 사례를 중심으로
Ha, Kyu-Soo;Moon, Ji-Eun
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
This study considered the factors of city brand reinforcement and city revitalization through a case study of two cities that were successful in revitalizing using a brand strategy. World leading cities are securing city competitiveness through the culture resources, particularly traditional culture, as a key asset to highlight the cities' uniqueness in increasing their value. The Confucianism influence on Korean traditional culture has a valuable content like etiquette, ritual ceremony, food, education, etc. as well as culture heritage in historical architecture. Therefore, it can be used as the city's assets to promote it worldwide. On the other hand, there is difficulty in preserving most Confucianism culture content and the intangible cultural properties have been neglected. This needs to be applied actively to be used on a city brand strategy. This study reviewed the successful case of Andong city in Korea and Qufu city in Sandong, China and suggests ways of raising the cities' brand power.
Confucian content;City brand;City activation
- K.H. Lee, "The study of tourism product by confucian cultural : focused on Jang Heung county", University of Sehan, 2012, p1-2.
- K.H. Cha, "The research about city brand identity development using cultural prototypes- Based on the cultural prototype in Gwangju Metropolitan City", Gwangju University, 2013.
- S.W. Han, "The policy propsal for boosting utilization of the cultural heritage of Confucianism and Confucian Scholar in Gyeongnam province", Policy Focus, Vol.2014 No.07, 2014.
- B.S. Yoon and Y.K Song, "A study of tourism resources development in confucianism culture zone", "Journal of Event Sciences", Vol.2 No.2, 2003.
- J.S Shon, "Legal Issues on Managing and Promoting for City of History & Culture - Focused on Andong City", Chosun law journal, Vol.13 No.3, 2011.
- J.E. Lee, "Exploring Regional Festival Brand Identity to Establish City Brand : Case Study of Jecheon International Music & Film Festival", University of Seokyeong, 2014 p5.
- J.E. Lee, "Exploring Regional Festival Brand Identity to Establish City Brand : Case Study of Jecheon International Music & Film Festival", University of Seokyeong, 2014, p14.
- Y. Shin, "A Case Study of City Brand which was conducted by the Cultural Resource", University of Hongik, 2014, p13.
- J.Y. Chae "A case study on how to use culture content" Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, 2013, p148.
- Daegu Gyeongbuk Development Institute,, "The hub city, Andong's past and present", 2010, pp9-35.
- Andong City Government, "Andong city's annual statistics report", 2002, 2013. http://www.andong.go.kr/main
- http://article.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=3581200&cloc(newspaper article)
- J.W. Heo and S.H. Park, "Post Experience Behavior and Determinan',;'lp vu7pts of Festival Visitor : The Case of Meditating Effects of Festival Visitors' Intention to Visit a Destination", Tourism Institute of Northeast Asia, 2012, p96.
- The Three Ducal Ministers, also translated as the Three Dukes, Three Excellencies, or the Three Lords, was the collective name for the three highest officials in ancient China. https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%82%BC%EA%B3%B5_(%EC%9C%A0%EC%A0%81)
- http://koreanart21.com/news/art/overseas/view?id=3198&page=153 (newspaper article)
- World bank, "China: Shandong Culture Heritage Sector Review", 2010, pp12-18.
- Y.S Kim, "How to build up city brand", Korea Local Development, March issue, 2011, p.56-61
- J.S. Park, "Mass Media Semiotics", Communication Books, 2009, pp254.
- H.K. Lee, "A urban marketing based on cultural content", University of Seoul, 2008, p30.
- Y.H. Lee, "A Analysis of domestic SNS use and issue", Internet & Security Focus, August of 2014, pp60-61