- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Products Characteristics, Consumers Characteristics on Products Attitudes and Purchasing Intention of Import Agency Shopping Malls -Focused on the Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk-
수입대행쇼핑몰의 제품 특성과 소비자 특성이 제품태도 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향 -지각된 위험의 조절효과를 중심으로-
- Received : 2015.12.14
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
This study, through a review of advanced research, first, examined the attitudes to products traded in import agency shopping malls and the characteristic variables(product characteristic, customer characteristic) that influence the purchasing intention to understand influencing relationship. Second, the role of adjustment in the relationship between the attitude to the products and the purchasing intention was examined by putting the perceived risk to the moderating variables. Third, efficient controllable basic data in the characteristic variables capable of influencing the management of and import agency shopping mall based on the implications was obtained from the above research result. The 126 responses collected from a questionnaire were analyzed using the SPSS 23.0 statistics package, and the analysis result can be summarized as follows. First, the main cause that influences the attitude of treated products in an import agency shopping mall is the country of origin, national image, innovativeness and price perception, not the brand image. Second, the attitude of the products influences the purchasing intention of the import agency shopping mall. Third, the perceived risk partially plays a role as a moderating variable in the relationship between the attitude of products and the purchasing intention.
Import Agency Shopping Malls;Perceived Risk;Products Attitude;Purchasing Intention
- Sun Young Jung, "A Study on the Effects of Languages and Price Perception in Overseas Buying Service Shopping Malls on Consumers' Attitudes", Master's Thesis, Hongik University, February, 2009
- Gwang Hee PARK, Sung Hee Kim, "Differences in Shopping Orientation, Price Perception, and Purchase Satisfaction of Internet Buying Agent Service Users According to Demographics and Shopping Behavior", Journal of Living Science Research, pp.91-110, December, 2011.
- Chae Hun Song, Sun Yok Song, Mi Ryung Song, "A Study on the Relationships between Logistics Service Quality and Post-purchase Behavior in Import Agency Shopping Malls", Journal of International Trade & Commerce, pp.935-958, April, 2014.
- Yong Zang and Frank G. Zarb, "Chinese Consumer's Evaluation of Foreign Products: the influence of Culture, Product Types and Poduct Presentation Format", European Journal of Marketing, pp.50-69, 30(12), 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/03090569610153309 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569610153309
- Byong Il Hwang and Beom Jong Kim, "The Impact of Country of Design, Country of Assembly, and Country of Parts on Consumer Preference", The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, pp.30-56, January, 2007.
- Bilkey, W. J. and Nes, E., "Country-of-origin effect on product evolutions. Journal of International Business Studies, p.89-99, 13(1), 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490539 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490539
- Jong Seok, Ahn and So Hee, Jeong, "The Changes of Chinese Perception on the Country Images of Major 4 Countries From 2006 To 2012", China and Sinology, pp.1-35, September, 2012.
- Daeyong Ha and Hui Bin Chen, "The Influence of Country and Brand Image on Purchasing Behavior of Consumers-in special reference to Chinese mobile phone market," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, pp.3439-3445, August, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3439 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3439
- Hyun Hee Park, Jung Ok Jeon and Won Il Kwak , "The Influence of Perceived Quality and VMD Fitness of Fashion Brand on Brand Attitude and Purchase Intention", Journal of Marketing Management Research, pp.55-70, January, 2007.
- Dae Yong Ha, Eun Jin Kim, " The Influence of a Brand Image on consumer's Attitude and Loyalty to the Brand-in special reference to coffee houses", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, pp. 2198-2206, May, 2013.
- Keller, Lane Kevin, Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, And Managing Brand Equity, Prentice-Hall, INC., 1998.
- Hoffmann, S. and Soyez, K., "A Cognitive Model to Predict Domain Specific Consumer Innovativeness," Journal of Business Research, pp.778-785, July, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2009.06.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2009.06.007
- Xie, Yu Henry, "Consumer Innovativeness and Consumer Acceptance of Brand Extensions," Journal of Product & Brand Management, pp.235-243, 17(4), 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/10610420810887581 https://doi.org/10.1108/10610420810887581
- Harrington, J. E., "Comment on Reducing Buyer Search Costs: Implications for Electronic Marketplaces", Management science, pp.1727-1932, 47(12), 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.47.12.1727.10244 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.47.12.1727.10244
- Sung Kyu Park and Oi Su Jeon, "A Study on Structural Relationship among Perceived Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Affective Commitment and Customer Loyalty of Mobile Telecommunication Customers: Based on the Moderating Effect of Price Perception", Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, pp.1749-1770, August, 2014.
- Johansson, J. K. and Nonaka, I., "Assessing the Impact of Country of Origin on Product Evaluations: A New Methodological Perspective", Journal of Marketing Research, pp.388-396, 22(4), 1985. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3151584 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151584
- Hall, C.P. National Images: A Conceptual Assesment, paper presented the International Communication Association, Boston, 1986.
- Roth, M. S. and Romeo, J. B., "Matching Product Category and Country Image Perception, A Framework for Managing Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, pp.478-497, 23(3), 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490276 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490276
- Manning, K. C. and Bearden, W. O. and Madden, T. J., "Consumer Innovativeness and the Adoption Process," Journal of Consumer Psychology, pp.329-346, December, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0404_02 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0404_02
- Rogers, E. M., Diffusion of innovations(5th ed.), New York: Free Press, 2003.
- Jeong Hyoun Son, A Study on Dynamic Transition of Risk Perception : Focusing on Pension Consumer, Ph.D. Dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, February 2015.
- Seung Ryul Jeong, Young Shin Kang and Choon Yeul Lee, "The Classification of the Perceived Risks Involved in E-Commerce and the Development of Their Measures", Journal of information systems, pp.215-238, March, 2006.
- Fishbein, M. & Ajzen, I., Understanding Attitude and Predicting Social Behavior, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall, 1980.
- Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R & Miniard, P.W., Consumer Behavior, 8thed, Hinsdale, The Dryden Pres, 1995.