- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Reliability Analysis of Access Door Opening Force Measured with a Digital Force Gauge of a Pressurized Smoke Control Zone and Presentation of Optimum Conditions for the Opening Force
디지털 측정기로 측정된 급기가압 제연구역의 출입문 개방력에 대한 신뢰성 분석 및 최적 조건 제시
Lee, Jae-Ou;Choi, Chung-Seog
- Received : 2015.05.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
The aim of this study was to measure the opening force of an access door of a pressurized smoke control zone and verify the reliability of the opening force. For the access door opening force, the opening load of the access door was measured before and after pressurized air had entered the smoke control zone. The reliability of the measured values was verified using the Anderson Darling's statistical analysis method of the Minitab Program. Because the analyzed P values were greater than 0.05 except for some floors before and after the operation of the smoke control equipment, the opening force was found to have 95% reliability. The normal distribution of the measured values showed no relationship with the operation of the smoke control equipment and the precision of the force gauge was believed to be reliable. The major factors for the optimal design of the pressurized smoke control equipment include the precision and reliability of the force gauge, the correct posture of the measuring person, and the same conditions for access doors. Therefore, a digital force gauge is believed to be suitable for measuring the opening force of the access door of a pressurized smoke control zone. In addition, standardization of the posture of a measuring person, the setup of the initial opening force of an access door, etc., are major variables for effective measurements of the door opening force of an access door.
Differential pressure;Opening force;Anderson-Darling;Normal distribution;Smoke control zone
- J. O. Lee, C. S. Choi, "Study on the Analysis of Differential Pressure of the Access Door for a Smoke Control Zone and the Effectiveness of the Measurement Criteria of its Opening Force", Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 04, pp. 24-30, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2012.26.4.024 https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2012.26.4.024
- J. O. Lee, C. S. Choi, "Study on the Assessment of the Criteria on a Door Closer for the Optimum Design of the Access Door of a Smoke Control Zone", Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol. 27 No. 03, pp. 66-71, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2013.27.3.066 https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2013.27.3.066
- Dougal Drysdale, "An Introduction to Fire Dynamics", Second Edition, Chapter 11, The Production and movement of smoke, pp. 386-401, 2002.
- SFPE, "SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineerng", Third Edition, Section 4, Chapter 12 Smoke Control, Chapter 13 Smoke Management in Covered Malls and Atria, pp. 274-310, 2002.
- J. O. Lee, C. S. Choi, "Verifying the Suitability or Unsuitability of the Opening Force Criteria Applied to Air Pressurized Access Door to a Smoke Control Zone", Journal of Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15 No. 09, pp. 5820-5825, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5820 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5820
- NFPA 92A, "Standard for smoke-control system utilizing barriers and pressure differences", 2009.
- EN 12101-6, "Smoke and heat control systems", Specification for pressure differential systems, 2005.
- NEMA, National Fire Safety Code, "NFSC 501A of stair cases of specific fire escape stairs and smoke control systems of ancillary rooms", Administrator at National Emergency Management Agency, 2012.
- Korea Fire Safety Association, "Fire Technician-job training", 2013.
- Korean Industrial Standard, "KS F 2806 Test methods or checking floor-hinges and door-closers method", Korean Standards Association, 2005.
- Korean Industrial Standard, "KS F 4505 Door closer", Korean Standards Association, 2005.
- J. O. Lee, C. S. Choi, "Reliability Analysis of the Access Door Opening Force Measurement Value of a pressurized Smoke Control Zone Using an Analog Force Gauge", Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 15 No. 03, pp. 1-6, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.3.1 https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.3.1