- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Validity and Reliability of the Suicide Resilience Inventory-Korean Version for Korean University Students
대학생을 대상으로 한 한국어판 자살극복력 측정도구의 신뢰도와 타당도
Noh, Jun Hee;Chang, Soo Jung;Kim, Seong Eun
- Received : 2015.10.16
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
The aim of this study was to test the validity and reliability of the Suicide Resilience Inventory-Korean version. Data were collected from 266 university students in Jeonbuk, South Korea. The Suicide Resilience Inventory-Korean version Suicide Resilience Inventory-25 was developed, and the collected data were analyzed using confirmatory factor analysis and Cronbach's alpha. Confirmatory factor analysis showed that The Suicide Resilience Inventory-Korean version(SRI-K) had factor loadings of the 19 items on the three subscales from 0.442 to 0.767. The three subscales model was validated by confirmatory factor analysis (RMSEA<.08,
Factor analysis;Reliability and validity;Resilience;Suicide
- Korean Statistical Information Service, "Cause of death statistics", Available from http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/3/index.board?bmode=read&bSeq=&aSeq=330183, (accessed April, 10, 2014).
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, "OECD health statistics, 2014", Available from http://www.oecd.org/health/healt h-systems/oecdhealth- statistics-2014-frequently-requested-data.htm, (accessed May, 16, 2015).
- Korean Statistical Information Service, "Adolescents statistics", Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=287091, (accessed April, 10, 2014).
- E. H. Kim, H. H. Shim, "A type behavior pattern, sleep quality, and depression among university students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 15(5), pp.2659-2671, 2013.
- C. R. Ra, C. Lee, J. Seo, J. Choi, M. You, "Factors affecting suicide ideation among university students", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 30(1), pp.1-11, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2013.30.1.001 https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2013.30.1.001
- G. Lee, "Factors influencing attempted suicide among adolescents in Korea", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(5), pp.3139-3147, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3139
- S. W. Kim, J. M, Kim, I. S. Shin, J. S. Yoon. "Suicide and crisis intervention", Journal of the Korean Medical Association, 55(4), pp.341-348, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.4.341 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.4.341
- D. S. Park, "Effects of life stress and depression of health college students on their suicidal ideation: control effects of social support", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(2), pp.728-736, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.728
- L. Pollock, J. Williams, "Problem-solving in suicide attempters", Psychological Medicine, 34(1), pp.163-167, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0033291703008092 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291703008092
- J. Fitzpatrick, "Preventing suicide: developing meaning in life", Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 23(4), pp.275-276, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2009.06.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2009.06.002
- M. M. Linehan, J. L. Goodstein, S. L. Nielsen, J. A. Chiles, "Reasons for staying alive when you are thinking of killing yourself: the reasons for living inventory", Journal of Counseling and Clinical Psychology, 51(2), pp.276-286, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.51.2.276 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.51.2.276
- A. Osman, P. M. Gutierrez, B. A. Kopper, F. X. Barrios, C. E. Chiros, "The positive and negative suicide ideation inventory: development and validation", Psychological Reports, 82(3 Pt 1), pp.783-793, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19184.108.40.2063 https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19220.127.116.113
- G. W. Lee, M. H. Hyun, S. J. Lee, "A study on the validation of the reasons for living inventory", The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 15(2), pp.227-242, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2010.15.2.004 https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2010.15.2.004
- J. H. Park, H. N. An, "Development and validation of the korean version of reasons for living inventory for college students", The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, 22(2), pp.113-133, 2014.
- S. S. Luthar, D. Cicchetti, B. Becker, "The construct of resilience: a critical evaluation and guidelines for future work", Child Development, 71(3), pp.543-562, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00164 https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00164
- G. Y. Kim, S. J. Cho, "A study on the impact of the adolescent resilience on suicidal ideation, and the suicide prevention-based on external protective factors", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(5), pp.2131-2139, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2131 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2131
- A. Osman, P. M. Gutierrez, J. J. Muehlenkamp, F. Dix-Richardson, F. X. Barrios, B. A. Kopper, "Suicide resilience inventory-25: development and preliminary psychometric properties", Psychological Reports, 94(3 Pt 2), pp. 1349-1360, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2466/PR0.94.3.1349-1360
- K. Cho, "Validation of suicide resilience inventory-25. Unpublished master's thesis, graduate school, Yongmoon graduate school of counselling psychology, Seoul, Korea, 2012.
- C. S. Ryu, "SPSS 14.0 for windows, (5th ed)", Elite, Seoul, Korea. 2006.
- J. F. Hair, R. L. Tatham, R. E. Anderson, W. Black, "Multivariate data analysis, (5th ed)", Prentice Hall, Upper Seddle River, New Jersey, United States of America. 1998.
- E. Cho, M. Choi, E. Y. Kim, I. Y. Yoo, N. J. Lee. "Construct validity and reliability of the korean version of the practice environment scale of nursing work index for korean nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 41(3), pp.325-332, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.3.325 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.3.325
- P. M. Bentler, "Comparative fit indexes in structural models", Psychological Bulletin, 107(2), pp.238-246, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.107.2.238 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.107.2.238
- M. W. Browne, R. Cudeck, "Alternative ways of assessing model fit", Sociological Methods & Research, 21(2), pp.230-258, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0049124192021002005 https://doi.org/10.1177/0049124192021002005
- J. Nunnally, I. Bernstein, "Psychometric theory, (3rd ed)", McGraw-Hill, New York, United States of America, 1994.
- P. A. Rutter, S. Freedenthal, A. Osman, "Assessing protection from suicidal risk: psychometric properties of the suicide resilience inventory", Death Studies, 32(2), pp.142-153, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07481180701801295 https://doi.org/10.1080/07481180701801295
- R. B. Kline. "Principles and practices of structural equation modeling", Guilford Press, New York, United States of America, 1998.
- H. S. Kang, "A guide on the use of factor analysis in the assessment of construct validity", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 43(5), pp.587-594, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587
- H. J. Lee, "The characteristics of Korea suicide phenomena and the possibility of anthropological research", Journal of Korean Society for Cultural Anthropology, 43(1), pp.307-324. 2010.
- Y. K. Lee, "The problem of korean suicide and confucian thoughts", Journal of Koreanology, 52, pp.163-200, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15299/jk.2014.08.52.163
- M.. Place, J. Reynolds, A. Cousins, S. O'Neill, "Developing a resilience package for vulnerable children", Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 7(4), pp.162-167. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1475-3588.00029 https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-3588.00029
- Y. H. Han and J. K. Chung, "Two-factor self-esteem scale: individualistic and collectivistic factors", Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 21(4), pp.117-131, 2007.