- Volume 17 Issue 1
The objective of this study was to develop an export determinant model for laver in the producing district. The annual and monthly amounts of laver products, local price, export price, and foreign exchange rate were included as explanatory variables. The estimation showed that the laver export is influenced more by the long term rather than short term product increase. In addition, as the foreign exchange rate and export price increase, the quantities exported decrease elastically. On the other hand, as the price in the local market increases, the quantities exported decrease non-elastically. Therefore, to enhance the laver exports, it is important to establish infrastructure for long term production increase, forecast and provide information on the export price and foreign exchange rate more accurately.
Estimation;Export Determinant;Laver;Marine Products;Model
- Kang, J. H., Lee, N. S., "Observation of Laver Farming with Satellites Image and Its Applications", Ocean Policy Research - KMI, 19(2), pp. 47-76, 2004.
- Park, B. I., "An Analysis of the Demand and Supply of Cultivated Flatfish Market Using System Dynamics Technique", The J. of Fisheries Business Administration, 39(1), 2008.
- Park, S. K., Joung, M. S. "A Demand Analysis of the Major Marine Products", The J. of Rural Development, 18(4), pp. 1-11, 1995.
- Kim, S. H., "A Study on the Establishment of the Demand and Supply Model for Cultivated Flatfish", Kon-kuk University, Unpublished Ph. D. Dissertation,, 2014.
- Korea Maritime Institute, Fisheries Outlook Center, "Seaweeds Fisheries Outlook", Each Year, Each Volume.
- Ok, Y. S. etc, "A Study on the Price Structure of Flatfish in Korea", KMI, Irregular Research, 2006-36, 2006.
- Ok, Y. S. etc, "A Study on the Export Expansion of Laver, Flatfish, Ear Shell", KMI, Irregular Research, 2009-05, 2009.
- Bank of Korea, http://www.bok.or.kr/.
- Korea Maritime Institute, Fisheries Outlook Center, http://www.foc.re.kr/.
- National Fisheries Research Development Institute Portal, http://portal.nfrdi.re.kr/.
Supported by : 부산대학교