- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Heat Flow Characteristics on Type of Heat Transfer Plate for White Smoke Reduction under Uniform Flow Condition
균일유동에서 백연저감용 전열판 형태에 대한 열유동 특성
Son, Jun;Cha, Jae Min;Wang, Zhen Huan;Kwon, Young Chul
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.01.31
Numerical analyses were performed on the heat flow characteristics of a heat transfer plate with six different shapes (basic, rectangle, triangle, wave type) to reduce the level of white smoke at a stack. In this study, to examine the heat transfer performance (heat transfer capacity, pressure drop, turbulence kinetic energy, heat transfer coefficient) on the heat transfer plates, simulations were conducted using the commercial computational fluid dynamics software, ANSYS CFX Ver.14 under uniform flow conditions. The thermal flow phenomenon in a channel with six heat transfer plates could be predicted adequately under uniform flow conditions. The heat transfer capacity, pressure drop, turbulence kinetic energy, and heat transfer coefficient were affected by the flow rate, aspect ratio and plate shape. These results provide guidelines to design an effective heat exchanger with the wave type to reduce white smoke.
Heat flow;Heat transfer plate;Pressure drop;Uniform flow;White smoke
- A. Zhukauskas, Heat Transfer of Cylinder Flow, Hemisphere Publishing Co. 1985.
- S. Y. Yoo, H. K. Kwon, K. I. Jang, and J. T. Park, A study on local heat transfer characteristics for cross flow heat exchanger of in-line arrangement, Fall Proceeding of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 2023-2028. 2006.
- E. J. Lee, J. S. Kim and N. H. Kim, Performance comparison of heat transfer plates for cooling tower air heater through numerical analysis, J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 5676-5683, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.12.5676 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.12.5676
- S. Y. Yoo, M. H. Chung, K. H. Kim and J. M. Lee, An Experimental Study on the Performance of Plastic Plate Heat Exchanger, Korean J. Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 17, pp. 117-124, 2005.
- S. Y. Yoo, M. H. Chung and Y. M. Lee, A Study on the Factors Affecting the Performance of Plastic Plate Heat Exchanger, Korean J. Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 17, pp. 839-848, 2005.
- M. H. Chung, S. Y. Yoo, K. H. Han and H. I. Yoon, A Numerical Study on the Flow and Heat Transfer Characteristics of Plastic Plate Heat Exchanger, Proceedings of the Summer Annual Conference, SAREK, pp. 1366-1371, 2008.
- M. Kim, J. H. Lee, S. R. Park, H. S. Ra, J. H. Jeong and H. Lim, Experimental Investigation of an Cross-Flow Air-Cooled Heat Exchanger with Single-Wave and Double-Wave Plates, Korean J. Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 21, pp. 347-354, 2009.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원