- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Determined Car Door Latch Injection Molding Process Conditions through the Finite Elements Analysis
유한요소 해석을 통한 차량용 도어 래치 사출성형 공정조건 결정
- Lee, Jung-Hyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Seon-Bong (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2016.09.09
- Accepted : 2016.10.07
- Published : 2016.10.31
Injection molding is a method for manufacturing many products, wherein a plasticized resin is injected into a mold at high pressure and hardened. According to the method, the product can be manufactured into various forms, and the mass production of up to tens of thousands of products is possible. The purpose of this study was to determine the process conditions for manufacturing a door latch for automobiles, through an analysis of the injection molding method. To calculate an appropriate injection flow for injection molding, a primary analysis for comparing the injection time, pressure, flow pattern, consolidation range, shear stress, shear rate, and weld line, as well as a secondary analysis for determining the conditions for stabilizing the molding temperature, holding pressure, and cooling process, were conducted. The characteristics of injection molding, and their influence on the product quality are discussed. No weld line and pores were observed on the products that had been manufactured based on the process conditions determined above. In addition, there were no flaws regarding the deformation compared to the prototype. Therefore, the manufacture of a product under the conditions determined in this study can reduce the defect rate compared to the existing production, and the process is also more competitive due to reduced production time.
Supported by : 중소기업청
- S. H. Tang, "Design and thermal analysis of plastic injection mould", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 171, pp. 259-267, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.06.075 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.06.075
- J. W. Kim, D. Y. Jung, J. H. Kim, C. I. Kim, T. J. Choi, Y. J. Kim, J. K. Em, "Study on Optimizing Mold Design Parameters for FRP specimens in Injection Molding using CAE analysis", Kor. Soc. of Mechanical Engin., pp. 343-348, 2012.
- C. H. Park, B. G. Pyo, M. S. Gu, D. H. Choi, "Design Optimization of Injection Molding Parts for Minimizing Injection Pressure and Preventing Weldlines", KSAE, pp. 2553-2559, 2009.
- M. R. Ryu, Y. H. Kim, K. H. Lee, H. S. Park, "Optimization of an Electric Microwave Oven window Using Taguchi Design", Kor. Soc. of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 1756-1761, 2005.
- Y. S. Kwon, Y. S. Choi, B. G. Kim, B. H. Min, Y. D. Jeong, "Optimization of Injection Molding of Bobbin Part based on CAE", Journal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, pp. 68-72, 2002.