- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Efficacy of Different Nematicidal Compounds on Hatching and Mortality of Heterodera schachtii Infective Juveniles
- Kim, Jeongeun (Department of Ecological Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Mwamula, Abraham Okki (Department of Ecological Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kabir, Faisal (Department of Ecological Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Shin, Jin Hee (Hanearl Science LTD.) ;
- Choi, Young Hwa (School of Ecology and Environmental System, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Kook (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, DongWoon (Department of Ecological Science, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.11.29
- Published : 2016.12.31
Effect of nematicidal compounds on hatchability of sugar beet cyst nematode, Heterodera schachtii and its infective juveniles was investigated. The sugar beet cyst nematode was isolated from Chinese cabbage field in Samcheok in Korea. Acute toxicity of nematicidal compounds against infective juveniles was also tested to find the
Grant : Research Program for Agriculture Science and Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development of Administration
- Akhtar, M. and M. Irshad (1993) Potentiality of phytochemicals in nematode control: a review. Bioresour Technol. 48:189-201.
- Chang, H. W., K. H. Kim, Y. D. Nam, S. W. Roh, M. S. Kim, C. O. Jeon and J. W. Bae (2008) Analysis of yeast and archaeal population dynamics in kimchi using denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Int J. Food Microbiol. 126:159-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2008.05.013
- Cone, M. (2010) Insecticide to be banned-Three decades after tainted melons sickened 2,000 people. Environmental Health News. Available: http://www. environmentalhealthnews. org/ehs/news/aldicarb-phaseout. Accessed 27 July 2016.
- Dang, Q. L., C. H. Lim and J. C. Kim (2012) Current status of botanical pesticides for crop protection. Res. Plant Dis. 18(3):175-185. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2012.18.3.175
- EPPO (2013) PM 7/119 (1) Nematode extraction. EPPO Bulletin 43:471-495, doi:10.111/eppo.12077 https://doi.org/10.1111/epp.12077
- FAOstat (2013) http://faostat3.fao.org. Accessed 27 July 2016.
- Faske, T. R. and J. L. Starr (2006) Sensitivity of Meloidogyne incognita and Rotylenchulus reniformis to abamectin. J. Nematol. 38:240.
- Faske, T. R. and K. Hurd (2015) Sensitivity of Meloidogyne incognita and Rotylenchulus reniformis to Fluopyram. J. Nematol. 47:316.
- Gray, F. A., G. D. Franc and E. D. Kerr (1992) Sugar beet nematode. Cooperative Extension Service and Department of Plant, Soil and Insect Sciences, College of Agriculture, University of Wyoming.
- Griffin, G. D. (1987) Efficacy of using split and post plant applications of aldicarb for control of Heterodera schachtii on sugarbeet. J. Nematol. 19 (Annals 1):119.
- Hafez, S. L. and M. M. Seyedbagheri (1997) Sugarbeet cyst nematode: impact on sugarbeet production in Idaho and Eastern Oregon. University of Idaho, College of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension System, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Holden, P. W. (1986) Pesticides and groundwater quality: Issues and problems in four states. National Academy Press. Washington, USA. 124pp.
- Kabir M. F., J. H. Shin, O. G. Kweon and D. W. Lee (2015) Temperature and root extract effect on hatching and development of Heterodera schachtii. Korean J. Soil Zool. 19:22-27.
- Kang, J. S., Y. S. Moon and S. H. Lee (2012) Inhibition properties of three acetylcholinesterases of the pinewood nematode Bursaphelenchus xylophilus by organophosphates and carbamates. Pest Biochem Physiol. 104:157-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pestbp.2012.06.002
- Kim, H. H., Y. H. Jung, D. H. Kim, T. K. Ha, J. B. Yoon, C. G. Park and H. Y. Choo (2015) Control effects of imicyafos GR against two species of the root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne incognita and Meloidogyne hapla). Korean J. Pestic Sci. 19:101-105. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2015.19.2.101
- Kim, H. I., C. P. Hong, S. Im, S. R. Choi and Y. P. Lim (2014) Development of molecular markers and application for breeding in Chinese cabbage. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 32(6):745-752. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2014.12203
- Kim, M. J., C. K. Shim, Y. K. Kim, S. J. Hong, J. H. Park, E. J. Han and H. J. Jee (2012) Screening of resistance cultivar to clubroot caused by Plasmodiophora brassicae for organic cultivation of Chinese cabbage. Res. Plant Dis. 18:123-128. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2012.18.2.123
- Korea Crop Protection Association (KCPA). (2016) 2016 pesticide manual. Korea Crop Protection Association. Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Kweon, O. G., J. H. Shin, F. M. Kabir, J. K. Lee and D. W. Lee (2016) Dispersal of sugar beet cyst nematode (Heterodera schachtii) by water and soil in highland Chinese cabbage fields. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. Technol. 34:195-205. (In Korean)
- Lee, J. K., B. Y. Park and M. R. Cho (2013) Sugar beet cyst nematode occurrence and prevention of diffusion, 2013 Annual meeting on the Korean Society of Pesticide Science. P.60 (Abstr).
- Park, K. Y., J. K. Jeong, Y. E. Lee and J. W. Daily III (2014) Health benefits of kimchi (Korean fermented vegetables) as a probiotic food. J. Med Food. 17:6-20. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2013.3083
- Pullen, M. P. and B. A. Fortnum (1999) Fosthiazate controls Meloidogyne arenaria and M. incognita in flue-cured tobacco. J. Nematol. 31:694.
- Richard D. O. B. (1960) Toxic phosphorus esters: chemistry, metabolism, and biological effects. Academic Press, UK. 434pp.
- Ritter, W. F. (1990) Pesticide contamination of ground water in the United States-A review. J. Environ Sci Heal B. 25:1-29. https://doi.org/10.1080/03601239009372674
- Shin, J. H., O. G. Kwon, C. M. Lee, S. M. Lee, Y. H. Choi, J. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim and D. W. Lee (2016) Nematicidal activity of Eclipta prostrata extract and terthiophene against pine wood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 20:56-65. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.1.56
- Turner, S. J. and J. A. Rowe (2006) Cyst nematodes. In Plant Nematology; Roland N. P. and M. Maurice; CABI, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK: pp. 91-122.
- Urwin, P. E., A. Levesley, M. J. McPherson and H. J. Atkinson (2000) Transgenic resistance to the nematode Rotylenchulus reniformis conferred by Arabidopsis thaliana plants expressing proteinase inhibitors. Mol Breed. 6:257-264. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009669325944
- Wada, S. and K. Toyota (2008) Effect of three organophosphorous nematicides on non-target nematodes and soil microbial community. Microbes Environ. 23:331-336. https://doi.org/10.1264/jsme2.ME08534
- Wada, S., K. Toyota and A. Takada (2011) Effects of the nematicide imicyafos on soil nematode community structure and damage to radish caused by Pratylenchus penetrans. J. Nematol. 43:1.
- Woods, S. R., P. P. J. Haydock and C. Edmunds (1999) Mode of action of fosthiazate used for the control of the potato cyst nematode Globodera pallida. Ann Appl Biol. 135:409-415. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7348.1999.tb00868.x
- Yu, C. C., C. W. Kearns and R. L. Metcalf (1972) Acetylcholinesterase inhibition by substituted phenyl N-alkyl carbamates. J. Agric Food Chem. 20:537-540. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60181a042
- Zarina, B., S. S. Shaukat and I. A. Siddiqui (2003) Suppression of Meloidogyne javanica by Conyza canadensis, Blumea obliqua, Amaranthus viridis and Eclipta prostrata. Plant Pathol J. 2:174-180. https://doi.org/10.3923/ppj.2003.174.180
- Zhang, T. Z., Y. Zeng, H. LI, G. J. Chen, J. S. Su and Q. F. Weng (2010) Photo activated toxicity of extracts from 14 Compositae plants against Bursaphelenchus xylophilus and Culex pipiens pallens. Acta Botanica Boreali-Occidentalia Sinica, 4:35.
- Efficacy of Imicyafos SL against Cyst Nematode, Heterodera spp., Depending on Time and Periodic Number of Applications in Chinese Cabbage vol.21, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.4.503
- Efficacy of some Nematicides against Clover Cyst Nematode, Heterodera trifolii in Chinese Cabbage Field of Highland Area vol.22, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2018.22.1.69