- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Reduction Effects of Residual Pesticides using the Eco-friendly Soil Amendments in Agricultural Soil
환경친화적 토양개량제의 농경지 중 잔류농약 경감효과
- Lee, Hyo Sub (Chemical Safety Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Hong, Su Myeong (Chemical Safety Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Taek Kyum (Research Policy Bureau, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kwon, Hye Young (Chemical Safety Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Dan Bi (Chemical Safety Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Moon, Byeong Chul (Chemical Safety Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Moon, Joon Kwan (Department of Plant Life and Environmental Sciences, Hankyong National University)
- 이효섭 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 화학물질안전과) ;
- 홍수명 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 화학물질안전과) ;
- 김택겸 (농촌진흥청 연구정책국) ;
- 권혜영 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 화학물질안전과) ;
- 김단비 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 화학물질안전과) ;
- 문병철 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 화학물질안전과) ;
- 문준관 (한경대학교 식물생명환경과학과)
- Received : 2016.10.12
- Accepted : 2016.11.25
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study investigated the reduction of residual pesticide in soil by using eight kinds of soil amendments such as shell, quick lime, dolomite, silicic acid, leaf mold, oil cake, bed soil and husk. A total of ten pesticides most frequently detected in agricultural soil were selected (azoxystrobin etc.) and soil amendments were treated in soils at a 2% application rate and incubated for 7 days. Pesticides were analyzed by HPLC-MS/MS with QuEChERS-based sample preparation procedure and pH was measured on 1, 3 and 7 days. This study showed that, soil amemdments were effective in reducing pesticides after 7days of incubation. Over 90% of azoxystrobin, cadusafos, chlorpyrifos, fluquinconazole, imidacloprid, isoprothiolane and procymidone were decomposed from soils amended with 2% quick lime, whereas the concentration of boscalid, dimethomorph and triycyclazole were not decreased. The soil pH increased to 12.8-12.9 in soil amended with quick lime, but other soil conditioners did not change the soil pH. Quick lime was particularly effective in reducing residual pesticides.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Chen, Y. L. and T. C. Wu (1978) Degradation of herbicide butachlor by soil microes. J. Pesticide Sci., 3:411-417. https://doi.org/10.1584/jpestics.3.411
- Chun, B. S. and K. S. Ko (1998) Improvement effect of marine clay in yul-chon by quick Lime pile. Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 18(2-4):521-529.
- Eo, J. U., K. C. Park, S. W. Lee, Y. S. Bae and B. R. Yeon (2010) Effects of organic materials on soil organisms in a Korean ginseng field. The Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 43(2): 188-193.
- Eo, J. U., K. C. Park, S. W. Lee and S. H. Lee (2012) Effects of rice husk and rice husk charcoal on soil biota and growth of korean ginseng (Panax ginseng). Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology 30:200.
- Gwon, J. H., T. K. Kim, E. K. Seo, S. M. Hong, H. Y. Kwon, K. S. Kyung, J. E. Kim and N. J. Cho (2014) Multiresidue analysis of 124 pesticides in soils with QuEChERS extraction and LC-MS/MS. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 18(4):296-313. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2014.18.4.296
- Hwang, J. I., S. O. Jeon, S. H. Lee, S. E. Lee, J. H. Hur, K. R. Kim and J. E. Kim (2014) Distribution patterns of organophosphorous insecticide chlorpyrifos absorbed from soil into cucumber. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 18(3):148-155. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2014.18.3.148
- Jeon, S. O., J. I. Hwang, S. H. Lee and J. E. Kim (2014) Uptake of boscalid and chlorfenapyr residues in soil into Korean cabbage. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 18(4):314-320. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2014.18.4.314
- Joo, J. H. and S. B. Lee (2011) Assessment of silicate fertilizers application affecting soil properties in paddy field. Korean J. Soil Sci., 44(6):1016-1022. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1016
- Jung, Y. H., J. E. Kim, J. H. Kim, Y. D. Lee. C. H. Lim and J. H. Hur (2004) The latest pesticide science. sigmapress. Korea.
- Kim, T. K. (2008). Chemical remediation of soils contaminated with endosulfan, organochlorine insecticide, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, Y. H. and B. S. Chu (2010) Improvement effects of soft clay soils using quick lime piles. Journal of the Korean Geoenvironmental Society, 11(5):45-51.
- Lee, J. Y., C. H. Lee, B. H. Ha, S. C. Kim, D. K. Lee and P. J. Kim (2005) Effect of oyster shell meal on improving soil microbiological activity. The Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 38(5):59-64.
- Marin-Benito, J. M., C. D. Brown, E. Herrero-Hernandez, M. Arienzo, M. J. Sanchez-Martin and M. S. Rodriguez-Cruz (2013) Use of raw or incubated organic wastes as amendments in reducing pesticide leaching through soil columns. Science of the Total Environment, 463-464:589-599. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.06.051
- Marin-Benito, J. M., E. Herrero-Hernandez, M. Soledad Andrades, M. J. Sanchez-Martin and M. S. Rodriguez-Cruz (2014) Effect of different organic amendments on the dissipation of linuron, diazinon and myclobutanil in an agricultural soil incubated for different time periods. Science of the Total Environment, 476-477:611-621. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.01.052
- Nicholls, P. H. (1988) Factors influencing entry of pesticides into soil water. J. Pesticide Sci., 22:123-137. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.2780220204
- Noh, H. O., J. Y. Lee, S. H. Park, O. S. Jeong, S. H. Kim and K. S. Kyung (2012) Monitoring of pesticide residues in rice paddy soil and paddy water. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 16(2):137-144. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2012.16.2.137
- Park, B. J., C. S. Kim, K. H. Park, H. J. Park, G. J. Im, J. H. Choi, J. H. Shim and G. H. Ryu (2006) Distribution and mobility of herbicide 14c-molinate in a rice-paddy-soil lysimeter. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 10(3):172-182.
- Park, B. J. and J. H. Lee (2011) Pesticide residue monitoring and environmental exposure in paddy field soils and greenhouse soils, The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 15:134-139.
- Park, B. J., B. M. Lee, C. S. Kim, K. H. Park, S. W. Park, H. Y. Kwon, J. H. Kim, G. H. Choi and S. J. Lim (2013). Longterm monitoring of pesticide residues in arable soils in korea. The Korean J. Pesticide Sci., 17(4):283-292. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2013.17.4.283
- Rural Development Administration (2003) Physicochemical properties of soil, In Analytical method for soil and plant; Ihm, J.N.; Sam Mi: Jeonju, Republic of Korea, 103-130.
- Tomlin, C. D. S. (2009) The pesticide manual, 15th ed., British Crop Protection Council, UK.
- Yang, C. H., C. H. Yoo, B. S. Kim, W. K. Park, J. D. Kim and K. Y. Jung (2008) Effect of application time and rate of mixed expeller cake on soil environment and rice quality. The Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 41(2):103-111.
- Yu, X. Y., G. G. Ying and R. S. Kookana (2009) Reduced plant uptake of pesticides with biochar additions to soil, Chemosphere 76:665-671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2009.04.001