- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Bacillus spp. Having Gelatin Decomposing Activity on Root-knot Nematode, Meloidogyne incognita on Pepper
젤라틴 분해력이 있는 Bacillus균의 고추 고구마뿌리혹선충에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Jin Han (Natural Product Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB)) ;
- Park, Chan Sun (Natural Product Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB)) ;
- Kim, Young-Ho (Kroea Stevia Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Yu Ri (Natural Product Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB)) ;
- Lee, Seung Woong (Natural Product Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB)) ;
- Rho, Mun Chual (Natural Product Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB))
- 김진한 (한국생명공학연구원 천연물소재연구센터) ;
- 박찬선 (한국생명공학연구원 천연물소재연구센터) ;
- 김영호 (한국스테비아(주)) ;
- 김유리 (한국생명공학연구원 천연물소재연구센터) ;
- 이승웅 (한국생명공학연구원 천연물소재연구센터) ;
- 노문철 (한국생명공학연구원 천연물소재연구센터)
- Received : 2016.10.14
- Accepted : 2016.11.29
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study investigated the decomposing activities on gelatin and egg sac of root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne incognita). Ten Bacillus isolates (KRB-1~10) isolated from the soils of Mt. Naejang. Among them, KRB-5, 9, and 10 showed decomposing activities, and identified as Bacillus subtilis KRB-5, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens KRB-9, and KRB-10 by 16S rRNA sequence analysis, respectively. Under pot experiments using pepper, 100-fold diluted culture broth of three isolates reduced the number of egg sac on roots collected 60 days and 90 days and increased the growth of aerial part compared with the group only treated with Meloidogyne incognita. Especially, the group treated B. subtilis KRB-5 was superior in the growth of pepper. These results suggest that the B. subtilis KRB-5 can be used to control the root-knot nematode on pepper.
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- Bonants, P. J. M., P. F. L. Fitters, H. Thijs, E. den belder, C. Waalwijk and J. W. D. Henfling (1995) A basic serine protease from Paecilomyces lilacinus with biological activity against Meloidogyne halpa eggs. Micorobiology. 141(4):775-784.
- Chitwood, D. (2002) Phytochemical based strategies for nematode control. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 40:221-249. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.phyto.40.032602.130045
- Choo, H. Y., S. M. Lee, J. B. Kim and Y. D. Park (1990) Relationship of root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita to pathogenesis of Rhizoctonia solani on cucumber, pepper, and tomato. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 6(3):409-411.
- Geeta, S. (2004) Biocontrol of nematode-borne diseases in vegetable crops. In: Mukerji K. G. (ed.), Fruit and vegetable diseases, pp. 397-450. Kluwer Academic Publishers, USA.
- Ha, W. J., Y. C. Kim, H. C. Jung and S. K. Park (2014) Control of the root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne spp.) on cucumber by a liquid bio-formulation containing chitinolytic bacteria, chitin and their products. Res. Plant Dis. 20(2):112-118. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2014.20.2.112
- Kim, D. G. and J. H. Lee (2008) Allium tuberosum, a new host of root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 14(1):76-78. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2008.14.1.076
- Kim, D. G. and J. H. Lee (2008) Economic threshold of Meloidogyne incognita for greenhouse grown cucumber in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 14:117-121. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2008.14.2.117
- Kim, D. G., H. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, J. H. Lee, and J. T. Yoon (2004) Occurrence of root-knot nematode on Dendranthema x grandiflorum and influences on plant growth. Res. Plant Dis. 10(1):25-29. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2004.10.1.025
- Kim, D. G., T. Y. Kwon, Y. H. Ryu, L. K. Yeon and C. S. Huh (2012) Resistance of commercial pepper cultivars to root-knot nematodes. Res. Plant Dis. 18(4):370-375 https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2012.18.4.370
- Kim, D. G., Y. K. Lee and B. Y. Park (2001) Root-knot nematode species distributing in greenhouses and their simple identification scheme. Res. Plant Dis. 7:49-55.
- Kim, H. H., M. R. Cho, T. J. Kang, J. A. Jung and Y. K. Han (2010) Screening of tomato cultivars resistant to root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita. Res. Plant Dis. 16:294-298. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2010.16.3.294
- Kim, J. I. and S. C. Han (1988) Effect of solarization for control of root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne spp.) in vinyl house. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 27(1):1-5.
- Moon, H. S., Z. Khan, S. G. Kim, S. H. Son and Y. H. Kim (2010) Biological and structural mechanisms of disease development and resistance in chili pepper infected with the root-knot nematode. Plant Pathol. J. 26(2):149-153. https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.2010.26.2.149
- Oka, Y., B. Ben-Daniel and Y. Cohen (2012) Nematicidal activity of the leaf powder and extracts of Myrtus communis against the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne javanica. Plant Pathol. 61:1012-1020. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3059.2011.02587.x
- Padgham, J. L. and R. A. Sikora (2007) Biological control potential and modes of action of Bacillus megaterium against Meloidogyne graminicola on rice. Crop protection. 26(7):971-977. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2006.09.004
- Park, S. D., S. D. Park, T. Y. Kwon, B. S. Choi, W. S. Lee and Y. E. Choi (1995) Study on integrated control against root knot nematode of fruit vegetables (Oriental melon and cucumber) in vinyl house. Korea J. Appl. Entomol. 34:75-81.
- Pavaraj, M., G. Bakavathiappan and S. Baskaran (2012) Evaluation of some plant extracts for their nematicidal properties against root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita. J. Biopest. 5:106-110.