- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Active Damping Characteristics on Virtual Series Resistances of LCL Filter for Three-phase Grid-connected Inverter
인덕터 내부저항을 고려한 LCL 필터의 능동댐핑 특성
Kim, Yong-Jung;Kim, Hyosung
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2015.12.28
- Published : 2016.02.20
LCL filters are widely used in high-order harmonics attenuation of output currents in grid-connected inverters. However, output currents of grid-connected inverters with LCL filters can become unstable because of the resonance of the filters. Given that the characteristics of output currents in inverters mostly depend on filter performance, the exact analysis of filters by considering parasitic components is necessary for both harmonics attenuation and current control. LCL filters have three or four parasitic components: the series and/or parallel resistance of the filter capacitor and the series resistance of the two filter inductors. Most studies on LCL filters have focused on the parasitic components of the filter capacitor. Although several studies have addressed the parasitic components of the filter inductor at the inverter side, no study has yet investigated the concurrent effects of series resistance in both filter inductors in detail. This paper analyzes LCL filters by considering series resistance in both filter inductors; it proposes an active damping method based on the virtual series resistance of LCL filters. The performance of the proposed active damping is then verified through both simulation and experiment using Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulator(HILS).
Grid-connected inverter;LCL filter;Active damping;Series resistance of filter inductor
- E. Rikos, S. Tselepis, and C. Hoyer-Klick, "Stability and power quality issues in microgrids under weather disturbances," Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, IEEE Journal. Vol 1. pp. 170-179, Sep. 2008.
- IEEE std. 519-1992-IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirement for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems-IEEE Industry Applications Society/Power Engineering Society.
- T. Abeyasekera, C. M. Johnson, and D. J. Atkinson, "Suppression of line voltage related distortion in current controlled grid connected inverters," Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on. Vol. 20, pp. 1393-1401, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.857557
- M. Prodanovic and T. C. Green, "Control and filter design of three-phase inverters for high power quality grid connection," Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on. Vol. 18, pp. 373-380, Jan. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2002.807166
- Y. Lei, Z. Zhao, F. He, S. Lu and L. Yin, "An improved virtual resistance damping method for grid-connected inverters with LCL filters," Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), IEEE, pp. 3816-3822, Sep. 2011.
- D. Pan, X. Ruan, X. Wang, C. Bao and W. Li, "Robust capacitor-current-feedback active damping for the LCL-type grid-connected inverter," Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), IEEE, pp. 728-735, Sep. 2013.
- A. Reznik, M. G. Simoes, A. Al-Durra and M. S. Muyeen, "Filter design and performance analysis for grid-interconnected systems," Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 50, pp. 1225-1232, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2274612
- B. W. An, H. K. Shin, H. W. Cho, Y. K. Han, and B. M. Han, "Active Damping of LCL Filter for Three-phase PWM Inverter without Additional Hardware Sensors" The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 10-17, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.1.10
Supported by : 중소기업청