- Volume 11 Issue 1
Fastener is a very important component that is used in various areas in industry. Recently, various color fasteners are introduced. According to this, online inspection is required in this area. In this paper, an algorithm for the automatic extraction of the surface of color fastener using color information and dynamic programming is presented. The outer boundary of fastener is found using the difference of color that enables robust processing. The inner boundary of fastener is found by dynamic programming that uses the difference of brightness value within fixed area after converting image to polar coordinate. Experiments are done using the same parameters.
Fastener;Fastener Inspection;Color;Machine Vision
- D. Rammer and S. Zelinka, "Optical Method for Measuring the Surface Area of a Threaded Fastener," Experimental Techniques, 2010, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 36-39.
- P. Lopez-Crespo, R. Burguete, E. Patterson, A. Shterenlikht, P. Withers, and J. Yates, "Study of a Crack at a Fastener Hole by Digital Image Correlation," Experimental Mechanics, vol. 49, no. 4, 2009, pp. 551-559. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-008-9161-1
- F. Marino, A. Distante, P. L. Mazzeo, and E. Stella, "A Real-Time Visual Inspection System for Railway Maintenance: Automatic Hexagonal-Headed Bolts Detection," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics -Part C: Applications and Reviews, vol. 37, no. 3, 2007, pp. 418-428. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2007.893278
- Z. Liu, W. Wang, X. Zhang, and W. Jia, "Inspection of Rail Surface Defects Based on Image Processing," In 2nd Int. Asian Conf. on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, Wuhan, China, March 2010, pp. 6-7.
- K. Kim and Y. Woo, "Detection of Flaws in Ceramic Materials Using Non-Destructive Testing," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3, 2010, pp. 321-326.
- J. Lee and H. Song, "An On-Line Barcode Verification System using Image Processing Technique," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012, pp. 1053-1059.
- T. Kim, "A study on inspection system for brake pad," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013, pp. 403-408. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.3.403
- C. Steger, M. Ulrich, and C. Wiedermann, Machine Visoin Algorithms and Applications. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 2008.
- R. Haralick and L. Shapiro, Computer and Robot Vision. Boston: Addison Wesley, 1992.
- A. Amini, T. Weymouth, and R. Jain, "Using Dynamic Programming for Solving Variational Problems in Vision," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 9, 1990, pp. 855-867. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.57681
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교