- Volume 11 Issue 2
Research on gait recognition and its use is actively underway. This study suggests a method to recognize abnormal gaits of pedestrians. The purposes of the existing research to recognize normal steps are to measure physical activities and to validate people by their walks, but the purpose to recognize abnormal steps in this study is to insure the safe life of pedestrians. There are situations in which pedestrians are unaware of themselves vulnerable and can not ask for help. The purpose of this research is that even if pedestrians are unaware of themselves and there are no spontaneous requests for helps, it is intended for them to escape from dangers and difficulties by adopting the recent IOT technology. Hence, this study analyzes normal pace of pedestrians using the triaxial acceleration sensors, and takes ranges of their normal walking. And then, the steps of pedestrians are measured using the triaxial acceleration sensors, contrasted with their normal walking ranges, and determine whether their steps are normal or not. When it is out of the state for normal paces, a method to determine as abnormal paces is suggested.
Context Awareness;Internet of Things;Gait Cognition;3-axis Acceleration Sensor
- K. An, E. Kim, U. Ryu, and Y. Chang, "Implementation on SVM based Step Detection Analyzer," J. of Korea Multimedia Society, vol. 16, no. 10, 2013, pp. 1147-1155. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.10.1147
- G. Ha, "Step Count Detection Algorithm Using a 3-Axial Accelerometer Sensor," Proc. of Korea Institute of Communication and Information Sciences, Seoul, Korea, Nov., 2012, pp. 151-152.
- C. Jeong, Y. Han, and T. Chung, "User Tracing Smart Segway Cart Using Step Pattern Recognition," Proc. of Korea Institute of Information Scientsts and Engineers, Pyeongchang, Korea, Dec., 2014, pp. 1360-1362.
- H. Woo, Y. Joo, S. Jang, and M. Choi, "Analysis about technology requirements for Development of Disaster Detecting Satellite Sensor," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10 no. 11, 2015, pp. 1205-1216. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.11.1205
- B. Lee, "Adaptation of Customized Measurement of Stride Length in Smart Device," J. of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 13 no. 4, 2013, pp. 35-43. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.04.035
- D. Kim, S. Jeon, S. Kang, and N. Kim, "Customized Estimating Algorithm of Physical Activities Energy Expenditure using a Tri-axial Accelerometer," J. of Korea Contents Association'11, vol. 11 no. 12, 2011, pp. 103-111. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.12.103
- Y. Kim, S. Kim, H. Lho, and W. Cho, "Real-Time Step Count Detection Algorithm Using a Tri-Axial," J. of Korea Society for Internet Information, vol. 12, no. 3, 2012, pp.17-26.
- G. Heo, S. Yang, S. Lee, J. Lee, and C. Lee, "A Study on Particular Abnormal Gait Using Accelerometer and Gyro Sensor," J. of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering vol. 29, no. 11, 2011, pp. 1199-1206.
- B. Lee, S. Hong, H. Lee, and E. Kim, "Gait-based Human Identification System using Eigen feature Regularization and Extraction," J. of the Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 21, no. 1, 2011, pp. 6-11. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2011.21.1.6
- Y. Han, "Development of Gait Recognition System," J. of Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of Korea, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014, pp. 133-138.
- Y. Kim, H. Lho, and W. Cho, "Step Count Detection Algorithm and Activity Monitoring System Using a Accelerometer," J. of the Institute of Electronic and Information Engineers, vol. 48 CI, no. 2, 2011, pp. 127-137.
- Y. Han, "Silhouette-based Gait Recognition using PBAS," J. of Korea Institute of Information Technology, vol. 12, no. 7, 2014, pp. 51-58.
- P. Jung, S. Lee, C. Song, and D. Kim, "Counting Walk-steps and Detection of Phone's Orientation/Position Using Inertial Sensors of Smartphones," J. of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol. 19, no. 1, 2013, pp. 46-50.
- K. Lee, H. Kim, and Y. Lee, "Model-based tracking for human posture estimation," Proc. of the Korea Human Computer Interaction Conf., Pyeongchang, Korea, Feb., 2006, pp. 1331-1334.
- S. Kim, J. Park, D. Kim, and N. Kim, "The Study of Realtime Fall Detection System with Accelerometer and Tilt Sensor," J. of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 28, no. 11, 2011, pp. 1330-1338.
- B. Oh and Y. Choi "Stair Locomotion Method of Quadruped Robot Using Genetic Algorithm," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10 no. 9, 2015, pp. 1039-1048. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.9.1039
- S. Park and S. Park, "Development and Verification of Zigbee-Based Monitoring and Control System for Electric Heat Tracing," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10 no. 12, 2015, pp. 1395-1402. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.12.1395
Supported by : 호서대학교