- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Annual Minimal Probable Precipitation Under Climate Change in Major Cities
기후변화에 따른 주요 도시의 연간 최소 확률강우량 추정
Park, Kyoohong;Yu, Soonyu;Byambadorj, Elbegjargal
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.02.28
On account of the increase in water demand and climate change, droughts are in great concern for water resources planning and management. In this study, rainfall characteristics with stationary and non-stationary perspectives were analyzed using Weibull distribution model with 40-year records of annual minimum rainfall depth collected in major cities of Korea. As a result, the non-stationary minimum probable rainfall was expected to decrease, compared with the stationary probable rainfall. The reliability of
Drought;Weibull distribution;climate change;minimum probable rainfall depth
- Coles, G.S. (2001). An Introduction to Statistical Modeling of Extreme Values. Springer.
- Edwards, D.C. and McKee, T.B. (1997). Characteristics of 20th Century Drought in the United States at Multiple Scales, Atmospheric Science Paper No. 634, May 1-30.
- Gumbel, E.J. (1963). Statistical forecast of droughts. Bull. Int. Assoc. Sci. Hydrol. 8(1), 5-23.
- Kim, Y. (2013). Policy on Adaptation to Climate Change According to Drought Types, Working Paper of Korea Environment Institute.
- American Meterological Society (2004). Statement on meteorological drought, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 85, 771-773.
- Byeon, S., Choi, G., Kim, J., Koo, B., and Kim, S. (2009). The study on characteristics and causes of drought in water deficit zone, Proceedings of the Korea Water Resources Association. May, 2009.
- K-Water (2005). Establishing Monitoring System for Drought Management. Report.
- K-Water (2006), Establishing Information System for Drought Management. Report.
- K-Water (2007). Report on Test Operation of Information System for Drought Management. Report.
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2011). Report on Climate Change Scenarios 2011.
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2012). Current Status and Prospects of Recent Drought, Press Material.
- Lee, J. (2012) A Study of the Application of an Agricultural Drought Index Considering Climate Change, Working Paper of Korea Environment Institute.
- Lee, J. and Kim, C. (2011). Review of recent studies on extreme drought considering climate change, Special Issue on Impact and Prospects on Hydrological Impact Under Climate Change, Water & Future, 36-40.
- Lehner, B., Doll, P., Alcamo, J., Henrichs, T., and Kaspar, F. (2006). Estimating the impact of global change on flood and drought risks in Europe: a continental, integrated analysis. Climatic Change, 75(3), 273- 299. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-006-6338-4
- Linsely, Jr., R.K., Kohler, M.A., and Paulhus, J.L.H. (1959). Applied Hydrology, McGraw Hill, New York.
- Lloyd-Hughes, B. and Saunders, M.A. (2002). A drought climatology for Europe, Int. J. Climatol., 22, 1571-1592. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.846
- Madsen, H., Mikkelsen, P.S., and Rosbjerg, D., and Harremoes, P. (1998). Estimation of regional intensity-durationfrequency curves for extreme precipitation, Water Sci. Technol., 37(11), 29-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0273-1223(98)00313-8
- McKee, T.B., Doesken, N.J., and Kleist, J. (1993). The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales, Paper Presented at 8th Conference on Applied Climatology. American Meteorological Society, Anaheim, CA.
- Mishra, A.K. and Singh, V.P. (2009). Analysis of drought severity-area frequency curves using a general circulation model and scenario uncertainty. Journal of Geophysical Research, D06120.
- Mishra, A.K. and Singh, V.P. (2010). A review of drought concepts. Journal of Hydrology, 391, 202-216. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2010.07.012
- Palmer, W.C. (1965). Meterologic Drought. US Department of Commerce, Weather Bureau, Research Paper No. 45, 58.
- Palmer, W.C. (1968). Keeping the track of crop moisture conditions, nationwide: the new crop moisture index, Weatherwise, 21, 156-161. https://doi.org/10.1080/00431672.1968.9932814
- Park, K., Yu, S., Byambadorj, E.(to be published). Prediction of Return Periods of Sewer Flooding Due to Climate Change in Major Cities.
- Todorovic, P. and Woolhiser, D.A. (1976). Stochastic structure of the local pattern of precipitation. In: Shen, H.W. (Ed.), Stochastic Approaches to Water Resources, Vol. 2, Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins, CO.
- UN Secritariat General (1994). United Nations Convention to Combat Drought and Desertification in Countries Experiencing Serious Droughts and/or Desertification, Particularly in Africa. Paris.
- van Roy, M.P. (1965). A rainfall anomaly index independent of time and space., Notos, 14, 43.
- Wilhite, D.A. (2000). Drought as a natural hazard: concepts and definitions. In: Wilhite, D.A. (Ed.), Drought: A Global Assessment. Routledge, New York.
- Wilhite, D.A. and Glantz, M.H. (1987). Understanding the drought phenomena: the role of definitions. In: Donald, A., Wilhite, Easterling William, E., Deobarah, A., (Eds.), Planning of Drought: Towards a Redu ction of Societal Vulnerability, Westview Press, Wood, Boulder, CO, 11-27.
- World Meterological Organization (1986). Report on Drought and Countries Affected by Drought During 1974-1985, WMO, Geneva, 118.
- Wu, H., Svoboda, M.D.l, Hayes, M.J., Wilhite, D.A., and Wen, F. (2007). Appropriate application of the standardized precipitation index in and locations and dry seasons, Int. J. Climatol., 27, 65-79. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.1371
- Yevjech, V. (1967). An Objective Approach to Definitions and Investigations of Continental Hydrologic Drought, Hydrology Paper No. 23. Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Supported by : 하수관거관리기술연구단