- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development and Applicative Estimation of Safety Evaluation Model for Water Supply Pipelines using Quantification Theory Type II
수량화II류이론을 활용한 상수도관로의 안전성 평가 모델 개발 및 적용성 평가 연구
Kim, Kibum;Shin, Hwisu;Seo, Jeewon;Koo, Jayong
- Received : 2016.01.13
- Accepted : 2016.01.25
- Published : 2016.02.28
Owing to time and cost constraints, new methods that would make it possible to evaluate the safety of the water supply pipeline in a less time- and cost-consuming manner are urgently needed. In response to this exigency, the present study developed a new statistical model to assess the safety of the water supply pipeline using the quantification theory type II. In this research, the safety of the water supply pipeline was defined as 'a possibility of the pipeline failure'. Quantification analysis was conducted on the qualitative data, such as pipe material, coating, and buried condition. The results of analyses demonstrate that the hit ratio of the quantification function amounted to 77.8% of hit ratio, which was a fair value. In addition, all variables that were included in the quantification function were logically valid and demonstrated statistically significant. According to the results derived from the application of the safety evaluation model, the coefficient of determination (
Water supply pipelines;Quantification theory type II;Safety evaluation model;Asset management plan
- AWWA, (1988), Polyethylene Encasement for Ductile-Iron Piping for Water and Other Liquids, ANSI/AWWA C105/A21.5-88.
- Baeckmann, W. and Schwenk, W. (1971), Handbuch des Kathodischer Korrosion Schutze, 55, Verlag Chemie GmbH.
- Christodoulou, S. E. and Fragiadakis, M. (2014), Reliability assessment of lifeline systems, In : Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, ASCE, 1812-1819.
- Choi, T., Lee, S., Kim, D., Kim, M. and Koo, J. (2014), Application of management reliability index for water distribution system assessment, Environmental Engineering Research, 19 (2), 117-122. https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2014.19.2.117
- DIN, (1988), Soil classification for civil engineering purposes, DIN 18196.
- Grigg, N. S. (2005), Assessment and renewal of water distribution systems, Journal of American Water Works Association, 97 (2), 58-68.
- Hayashi, C. and Komazawa, T. (1982), Quantification theory and data processing, Asakura, Tokyo, Japan.
- Jiang, Y., Wang, C. and Zhao, X. (2010), Damage assessment of tunnels caused by the 2004 Mid Niigata prefecture earthquake using hayashi's quantification theory type II, Natural Hazards, 53 (3), 425-441. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-009-9441-9
- Al-barqawi, H. and Zayed, T. (2006), Condition rating model for underground infrastructure sustainable water mains, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 20 (2), 126-135. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(2006)20:2(126)
- Arai, Y., Koizumi, A., Umano, H., Ashida, H., Ozaki, M. and Yoshida, E. (2009), Statistical analysis of the corrosion of water distribution pipes under their environmental factors, J. Jpn. Soc. Civ. Eng. Environ. Syst. Res, 37 (37), 9-17.
- Kim, K. (2015), The optimal renewal planning using dynamic programming in water pipelines, Master's Thesis, University of Seoul, pp.193.
- Kim, M., Inakazu, T., Koizumi, A. and Koo, J. (2013), Statistical approach for corrosion prediction under fuzzy soil environment, Environmental Engineering Research, 18 (1), 1-7.
- Kleiner, Y. and Rajani, B. (2002), Forecasting variations and trends in water-main breaks, Journal of Infrastructure Systems, 8 (4), 122-131. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1076-0342(2002)8:4(122)
- Koo, M, (2015), A study on strategic risk assessment model for water suspension accident alternative in water supply network, Master's Thesis, University of Seoul, pp.170.
- NRC-CNRC, (2003), Deterioration and inspection of water distribution systems, Federation of Canadian Municipalities and National Research Council, pp.34.
- Scholten, L., Scheidegger, A., Reichert, P., Mauer, M., and Lienert, J. (2014), Strategic rehabilitation planning of piped water networks using multi-criteria decision analysis, Water Research, 49, 124-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2013.11.017
- Tee, K. F., Khan, L. R., Chen, H. P. and Alani, A. M. (2014), Reliability based life cycle cost optimization for underground pipeline networks, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 43, 32-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2014.04.007
Grant : 상수도시설의 운영 및 자산관리 통합시스템 개발
Supported by : 환경부