- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Magnetic Field Dependence of Brownian Motion in Iron-oxide Nanoparticles
산화철 나노입자의 브라운 운동에 대한 자기장 의존성 연구
Jung, Eun Kyung;Yoon, Seok Soo;Kim, Dong Young
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.02.17
- Published : 2016.02.29
The ac magnetic susceptibility was measured in iron-oxide nanoparticles with average size of 26 nm, which were uniformly dispersed in organic solvent. The ac magnetic susceptibility measured under zero magnetic fields was well fitted with Debye relaxation model and the relaxation frequency was 370 Hz. The relaxation frequency of the nanoparticles coincided with relaxation time of the Brownian motion, which is due to the viscosity of the liquid medium in which magnetic nanoparticles dwell. The Brown relaxation frequencies were linearly increased with magnetic field.
nanoparticles;Ac magnetic susceptibility;brownian motion;relaxation frequency
- S. Laurent, D. Forge, M. Port, A. Roch, C. Robic, L. V. Elst, and R. N. Muller, Chem. Rev. 108, 2064 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1021/cr068445e
- N. K. Prasad, K. Rathinasamy, D. Panda, and D. Bahadur, J. Biomed. Mater. Part B: Appl. Biomater. 85B, 409 (2007).
- R. Hergt, S. Dutz, and M. Zeisberger, Nanotechnology 21, 015706 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-4484/21/1/015706
- I. Hilger, W. Andera, R. Hergt, R. Hiergeist, H. Schubert, and W. A. Kaiser, Radiology 218, 570 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.218.2.r01fe19570
- J. Kliava and R. Berger, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 205, 328 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-8853(99)00510-7
- Y. M. Jang and M. J. Hwang, J. Soc. Magn. Reson. Med. 7, 39 (2003).
- S. Vasseur, E. Duguet, J. Portier, G. Goglio, S. Mornet, E. Hadova, K. Knizek, M. Marysko, P. Veverka, and E. Pollert, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 302, 315 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2005.09.026
- S. N. Ahmad, Y. Akin, and S. A. Shaheen, J. Appl. Phys. 97, 10Q902 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1849052
- J. Carrey, B. Mehdaoui, and M. Respaud, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 083921 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3551582
- B. H. Erne, M. Claesson, S. Sacanna, M. Klokkenburg, E. Bakelaar, and B. W. M. Kuipers, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 311, 145 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2006.11.169
- R. M. Ferguson, A. P. Khandhar, C. Jonasson, J. Blomgren, C. Johansson, and K. M. Krishnan, IEEE Trans Magn. 49, 3442 (2013).
- P. C. Fannin, L. C. Tannoudji, E. Bertrand, A. T. Giannitsis, C. M. Oireachtaigh, and J. Bibette, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 303, 147 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2005.07.035
- S. Berkum, J. T. Dee, A. P. Philipse, and Ben H. Erne, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 14, 10162 (2013). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms140510162
- G. F. Dionne, IEEE Trans. Magn. 39, 3121 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2003.816026
Supported by : 안동대학교