- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Hi-Pass Users' Satisfaction Using Modified Importance Performance Analysis
M-IPA 기법을 이용한 하이패스 만족도 제고 방안
- Choi, Yoon-Hyuk (Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute) ;
- Ko, Han-Geom (Ajou University) ;
- Yun, Ilsoo (Ajou University) ;
- Kim, Dong-In (Korea Expressway Corporation)
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.02.04
- Published : 2016.02.28
The electronic toll collection system(ETCS), is globally used in about 40 countries. In Korea, the Korea Expressway Corporation led the nationwide introduction of the ETC system in 2007 under the brand name of the Hi-pass. Since then, Hi-pass, with its rate of average daily use reaching about 70%, has become an essential facility in Korean expressways. To identify users' perception on Hi-pass (satisfaction, preference, etc.), this study conducted a Modified Importance-Performance Analysis (M-IPA). With this, this study attempted to identify the kind of efforts necessary to enhance current Hi-pass users' convenience and satisfaction. According to the result of M-IPA, the items including "non-stop payment" and "toll discount" are identified as key items that require further improvement. For improvement in the "non-stop payment" item, operations of Hi-pass toll booths appropriate for the demand for Hi-pass use and the selection of Hi-pass booths' locations in consideration of entry and exit lanes need to be improved. In addition, with regard to the "toll discount" item, although toll discount is currently provided to Hi-pass users, thus, PR thereof will have to be strengthened. It is expected that this study will be used as basic data to devise methods of enhancing Hi-pass usage through improvement of Hi-pass users' satisfaction.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Choi Y., Lee K. and Kim D.(2013), Study on Increase of Speed Limit at Hi-Pass Lanes, Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute.
- Oh C., Kim J. and Hong S.(2011), Study on Improvement of Safety Facilities for Hi-Pass, Korea Expressway Corporation.
- Yun I., Ko H., Kim Y., Lee Y., Kang D. and Kang J.(2014), Study on Establishing a Strategy for Proper Speed Limit on the HI-PASS Lanes, Korea Expressway Corporation.
- Choi K,, Choi Y. and Oh S.(2006), "Using Importance-Performance Analysis to Improve Traffic Information Disseminating Strategies on VMS," Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 26, no. 5D, pp.747-754.
- Han S.(2012), "Comparative Study on Regional Importance-Satisfaction analysis of K-POP using ISA," proceedings of research paper competition of graduate student, pp.81-105.
- Kim T., Yun S. and Ko J.(2007), "A Evaluation of Urban Roadway Service Quality Using Modified-IPA," Proceedings of the KOR-KST Conference(57th), pp. 574-583.
- O'Neill M. A. and Palmer A.(2004), "Importance Performance Analysis: A useful tool for directing continuous quality improvement in higher education," Quality Assurance in Education, vol. 12, no. 1, pp.39-52. https://doi.org/10.1108/09684880410517423
- Martilla J. and James J. C.(1977), "Importance-performance analysis," Journal of Marketing, vol. 41, no. 1, pp.77-79. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- Guadagnolo F.(1985), "The Importance-Performance Analysis : An Evaluation and Marketing Tool," Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, vol. 3, no. 2, pp.13-22.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2006), Study of duties standard and work flow by ITS working field - analysis of effect-, pp.655-657.
- Han S. and Lee H.(2008), "Satisfaction of the participants enjoyed rafting: focusing on IPA," 36th proceedings of Korean Hospitality and Tourism Academe, pp.193-207.
- Park J. and Kim C.(2008), "The Importance Performance Analysis(IPA) of an Exhibition Visitor, from a Viewpoint of Social Exchange Theory," International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp.101-119.