- Weiler JM, Gellhaus MA, Carter JG, et al. A prospective study of the risk of an immediate adverse reaction to protamine sulfate during cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1990;85:713-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-6749(90)90189-B
- Levy JH, Zaidan JR, Faraj B. Prospective evaluation of risk of protamine reactions in patients with NPH insulin-dependent diabetes. Anesth Analg 1986;65:739-42.
- Kimmel SE, Sekeres M, Berlin JA, Ellison N. Mortality and adverse events after protamine administration in patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass. Anesth Analg 2002;94:1402-8.
- Porsche R, Brenner ZR. Allergy to protamine sulfate. Heart Lung 1999;28:418-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0147-9563(99)70031-2
- Horrow JC. Protamine: a review of its toxicity. Anesth Analg 1985;64:348-61.
- McEvoy G. American hospital formulary service. Bethesda (MD): American Society of Hospital Pharmacists; 1998.
- Viaro F, Dalio MB, Evora PR. Catastrophic cardiovascular adverse reactions to protamine are nitric oxide/cyclic guanosine monophosphate dependent and endothelium mediated: should methylene blue be the treatment of choice? Chest 2002;122:1061-6. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.122.3.1061
- Panos A, Orrit X, Chevalley C, Kalangos A. Dramatic postcardiotomy outcome, due to severe anaphylactic reaction to protamine. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2003;24:325-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1010-7940(03)00252-5
- Effect of Lidocaine Pre-Treatment on Protamine-Induced Pulmonary Vascular Reaction During the Repair of Congenital Heart Disease vol.14, pp.None, 2016, https://doi.org/10.2147/ijgm.s314541
- In vitro and in vivo safety studies indicate that R15, a synthetic polyarginine peptide, could safely reverse the effects of unfractionated heparin vol.11, pp.9, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/2211-5463.13240