- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Kindergartens' Organizational Culture, Directors' Transformational Leadership and Teachers' Creative Personality on Kindergarten Teachers' Teaching Flow
유치원 교사의 교수몰입에 미치는 유치원의 조직문화, 원장의 변혁적 리더십 및 교사의 창의적 인성의 영향
- Received : 2015.11.14
- Accepted : 2015.12.15
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship among kindergartens' organizational culture, directors' transformational leadership, teachers' creative personality and teaching flow. The participants of this study were 289 kindergarten teachers in Busan. They completed the survey questionnaire composed of kindergartens' organizational culture scale, directors' transformational leadership scale, teachers' creative personality scale and teaching flow scale. The collected data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, Cronbach's alpha, Pearson's correlation, and multiple regression. The results were as follows: First, there were significant relations among kindergartens' organizational culture, directors' transformational leadership, teachers' creative personality and teaching flow. Second, kindergartens' organizational culture, directors' transformational leadership and teachers' creative personality affected teaching flow of kindergarten teachers. From the findings, it can be suggested that kindergartens' organizational culture, directors' transformational leadership and teachers' creative personality are critical variables to improve teaching flow of kindergarten teachers.
- Bak, Byung-Gee & Yoo, Kyung-Soon(2000). Relationship structure between creativity and intelligence. The Journal of The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology. 14(2), 235-261.
- Bak, Min-Woo(2012). The Relationship Between Teachers' Perceived Organizational Culture of the Early-Childhood Educational Institution and their Empowerment, Hansung University of Education.
- Basom, M. R. & Frase, L.(2004). Creating optimal work environments: Exploring teacher flow experiences. Mentoring and Tutoring, 12(2), 241-258. https://doi.org/10.1080/1361126042000239965
- Bass, B. M.(1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectations. New York: Free Press.
- Burns, J. M.(1978). Leadership. New York: Harper & Row.
- Cho, Eun-Myoung(2010) The Relation Between Early Childhood Teachers' Creative Personality, Role Performance to Enhance Children's Creativity and Teaching Efficacy for Play, Sungshing Women's University.
- Choi, Hye-Jin & Lee, Ho-Pil(2015). The Effect of Happiness and Self-Leadership of an Infant Teacher on Teaching Immersion. The Journal of The journal of Child Literacy Education, 16(2), 515-537.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M.(1990). Flow: The psychology of optimal experience. New York: Harper Perennial.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M.(1994). Evolving Self. Perennial.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M.(1997). Finding flow: The psychology of engagement with everyday life. New York: Basic Books.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M., & Csikszentmihalyi, I. S. (Eds,).(1988). Optimal experience: Psychological studies of flow in consciousness. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Frase, L.(1998). An examination of teachers' flow experiences, efficacy, and instructional leadership in large inner-city and urban school districts. Presentation at the Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association, San Diego, CA. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. 421, 599)
- Han, Hong-Jin(2006). Causal model among principal leadership, job characteristics, organizational culture and teacher empowerment associated with organizational effectiveness of vocational high schools, Seoul National University.
- Han, Min-Kyung(2009). The Influence of Early Childhood Educational Institutes Director's Transformational Leadership and Teachers' Empowerment on Tracher's Organizational Commitment. Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, 16(2), 193-215.
- Hwang, Se-Woong(2013). A Study of the Effects of Police Leaders' Transitional Leadership on Job Commitment - Focusing on Mediation Effect of Job Characteristics. The Journal of Korean Police Studies, 12(2), 287-310.
- Jackson, S. A. & Eklund, R. C.(2004). Flow Scales Manual. Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology.
- Jin, So-Hyun(2013). Effect of Transformational Leadership and the Quality of Relationship on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment: The Case of "L" Department Store, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Jorde-Bloom, P.(1988). A great place to work: Improving conditions for staff in young children's program. Washington, D. C. : NAEYC.
- Jung, Il-Hwan(2000). An analysis of organizational culture in elementary and secondary school. The Journal of Education Research, 21(1), 1-29. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220671.1930.10880008
- Kang, Seong-yeol(2008). The Relationship between Perception of Transformational Leadership and Transactional Leadership and Organizational Commitment, Chung-Ang University.
- Kang, Young-sook(2014). Impact of the Transformational Leadership of Childcare Center Principals on the Organizational Commitment of Childcare Teachers: with priority given to the moderating effects of job satisfaction, Hanyoung Theological University.
- Kim, Hee-Jung & Seo, Shyn-A(2014). The meditating effect of instructional creativity on the relationship between teaching efficacy and teaching flow in early childhood teachers. The Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education, 35(3), 151-170.
- Kim, Hye-Sook(1999). Development and Validation of Diagnostic Measurements of Creativity. Korean Educational Psychology Association, 13(4), 269-303.
- Kim, Jun-Geun(2011). A Study on The Effects of Transformational Leadership and Types of Organizational Culture on the organizational commitment, Korea University.
- Kim, Mi-Hyun & Lee, Seung-yeo(2012). An Analysis of Kindergarten Teachers' Teaching Flow: Trends, Differences of Variables, and Relationships with Kindergarten Organizational Climates. The Journal of Korean Journal of Teacher Education, 29(1), 167-189. https://doi.org/10.24211/tjkte.2012.29.1.167
- Kim, Mi-Hyun(2012). Kindergarten Teachers' Teaching Flow and Differences according to Variables and Relationship with Organizational Climate of Kindergarten, Ewha Womans University.
- Kim, Sang-Jin.Park, Tae-Seung & Jeon, Ik-Ki(2011). Impact of Leadership of Taekwondo Hall's Director on self-efficacy and Organizational Commitment. The Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies), 45(1), 305-314.
- Kim, Yeong-Ok(2003). Kindergarten Education and Teaching Professionalism inherent. The Journal of Education Development, 22(3), 65-97.
- Kwak, hee-kung(2011). A Study of the Relationship between Happiness, Self-Identity and Teacher's Efficacy Belief, Teacher-Young Children Interaction, Chonbuk National University.
- Lee, Ho-Ju(2013). Impact of Organizationl Culture and Directior's Transformational Leadership on Happiness and Teacher Efficacy among Kindergarten Teachers, Pusan National University.
- Lee, Hye-Ran(2011). Relationships among Organizational Climate of School, Teacher -Efficacy and Teaching Flow, Ewha Womans of Education University.
- Lee, Jee-Yon.Byun, Suk-Min & Lee, Che -Hee(2008). The Mediation Effect of Elementary Teacher's Negative Mood Regulation Expectancies between Teaching Flow and Burn-out. The Journal of The Journal of korean educational forum, 7(2), 21-39.
- Lee, Ji-Hong(2013). The Meaning of Learning In the Light of the Concept of Flow, Seoul National University of Education.
- Lee, Kyeong-Hwa & Mo, Ji-Yeon(2010). Exploring Flow and Emotion in Early Childhood Teachers' Daily Life Experiences. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 15(3), 267-291.
- Nakamura, J. & Csikszentmihalyi, M.(2002). The concept of flow. In C. R. Snyder & S. J. Lopez (Eds.), Handbook of positive psychology (pp. 89-105). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Oh, Seong-Ran & Park, Ok-Im & Moon Hee(2011). The Effect of the Child Care Center irector's Transformational Leadership on the Organizational Commitment of the Child Care Teachers. The Journal of The Korean Society of Community Living Science, 22(1), 181-194. https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2011.22.1.181
- Paik, Young-Suk & Oh, Hyun-Suck(2013). The Relations between Teacher's Teaching Flow and Teaching Efficacy in the Mediating Effects of Instructional Creativity of Day Care Center Teachers. The Research Institute of Korean Education, 31(4), 293-311.
- Park, yeong-A(2011). The Relationship between Elementary School Teacher's Teaching Flow and Child's Academic Self-Efficacy, Gyeongin National University of Education.
- Park, Young-Sin(2013). The Study of Teaching Flow, Self-Determination and Director's Servant Leadership Perceived by Early Childhood Teachers. The Journal of The journal of Child Literacy Education, 14(4), 609-629.
- Sashkin, M.(1992). Strategic Leadership Competencies: An Introduction. In Phillips, R. L. & Hunt, G. (Eds.), Strategic Leadership: A Multi Organization-Level Perspective. Connecticut: QUORUM.
- Seo, Young-Ran(2006). The Effects of Elementary Principal's Leadership Life Skill on School Organizational Culture and Organizational Effectiveness, Kyung-nam University.
- Song, Ju-Yeon & Hwang, Hae-Ik(2014). Development and Validation of the Teaching Flow Scale for Early Childhood Teachers. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 19(5), 265-290.
- Song, Ju-Yeon(2014). Development and Validation of the Teaching Flow Scale for Early Childhood Teachers, Pusan National University.
- Sternberg, R. & Lubart, T.(1992). Creativity: Its nature and assessment. School Psychology International, 13(3), 243-253. https://doi.org/10.1177/0143034392133004
- Zhang, Chun-Hua(2012). A Study on the influence of transformational and transactional Leadership Type on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment-Focused on 5 Star Hotels in Beijing-, Kyung Hee University.
- A Structural Relationship among Emotional Leadership of Educational Administrative Officials' Superiors, Empowerment, and Job Satisfaction vol.28, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.4.936