- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Structural Safety Assessment of a Concrete-filled Base Frame Supporting a Motor for Centrifugal Compressor Drives
원심식 압축기 구동용 모터 베이스 프레임의 콘크리트 타설에 따른 구조안전성 평가
Kim, Min-Jin;Lee, Jae-Hoon;Han, Jeong-Sam
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this paper, we perform structural analysis for a base frame which is used to support a motor for large centrifugal compressor drives and a safety assessment according to the concrete placement. First, the structural analysis about four loading conditions for the motor base frame was conducted and the structural safety was evaluated through both the maximum distortion energy theory and Mohr-Coulomb theory. It was possible to perform a more reasonable safety evaluation against local stresses occurring at the discontinuous portion of the fragile structural members by applying the safety assessment through ASME VIII Div. 2. In addition, the motor base frames with and without the internal concrete placement were quantitatively compared by the structural analysis and safety evaluation using ASME code and it was found to improve the structural integrity due to the concrete placement.
motor base frame;centrifugal compressor drive;maximum distortion energy theory;mohr-coulomb theory;ASME code VIII Div. 2;stress linearization
- Kim, H.G. (2006) Shape Optimization for the Light Weight of Cooling Tower Support Part, Proceeding of Korean Society Mechanical Engineers, 66, pp.55-60.
- Kim, H.T. (2011) Seismic and Structure Analysis on a Construction Temporary Rack Paddle of nuclear Power Plant, Proc. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., 35, pp.1265-1271.
- Kang, H.S. (2014) Shape Optimization of Impeller Blades for 15,000 HP Centrifugal Compressor Using Fluid Structural Interaction Analysis, Proc. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., 38, pp.547-556. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2014.38.6.547
- Kim, J.Y. (2011) Mechanical Performance Evaluation of a Top End Piece for Dual Cooled Fuels, Proc. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., 35, pp.417-424.
- Kim, T.W. (2002) Analysis of Structural Design Criteria of Pressure Vessels Based on ASME Section VIII, Proc. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., pp.98-107.
- Kishor, D.J. (2012) Design and Standardization of Base Frame & ANT Vibration Mounts for Balanced Opposed Piston Air Compressor, Int. J. Appl. Res. Mech. Eng., 2, pp.2231-5950.
- Sowinski, J.C. (2013) ASME Section VIII - Division 2 Example Problem Manual, PTB-3-2013, ASME.
- American Petroleum Institue (2007) Reciprocating Compressors for Petroleum, Chemical, and Gas Industry Servies, ANSI/API Standard 618-2008, 5th Edition, Washington.
- ANSYS, Inc. (2015) ANSYS Mechanical APDL Theory Reference, ANSYS Release 16.1, Canonsburg, USA.
- ASME (2013) 2013 ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels, Section VIII, Division 2., ASME, New York.
Grant : WorldClass300프로젝트지원
Supported by : (주)대주기계