- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Super Structure-Sub Structure Separation Analysis and Unification Analysis about Building Structures
건축구조물의 상부구조-하부구조 분리해석과 일체해석의 비교분석
- Kim, Jae-Yo (Department of Architectural Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Yong (Department of Architectural Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kang, Su-Min (Department of Architectural Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2016.02.28
In the case of structural analysis for building structures, the super-structure and the sub-structure are analyzed by using separate structural models in the field because of time saving, facile result interpretation and easy analysis of dynamic behavior. However this separate structural model violated the compatibility condition of structural analysis and it can not consider the interaction of superand sub- structures. In the present study, the analysis results of this separate model were compared to those of the unified model of super- and sub- structures which can consider the interaction of super- and sub- structures and reflect the realistic boundary conditions. According to the comparison results, the the analysis model using separate models can underestimate the member force and deflection of structural members in the super-structures and overestimate the deflection and member force of sub-structures. Therefore, in the case of high-rise buildings, irregular shaped buildings, buildings which are expected to be affected by large differential settlement and remodeling buildings, the unified structural model for super- and sub- structures was recommended for structural analysis instead of the separate structural model.
building analysis;separate model;unified model;interaction of super- and sub-structures
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Baker, W.F., Korista, D.S., Novak, L.C. (2007) Burj Dubai: Engineering the World's Tallest Building, Struct. Des. Tall Build., 16(4), pp.361-375. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.418
- Eom, T.S., Kim, J.Y. (2009) An Application of Construction Sequence Analysis for Checking Structural Stability of High-Rise Building under Construction, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 22(3), pp.211-221.
- Irwin, P., Kilpatrick, J., Robinson, J., Frisque, A. (2008) Wind and Tall Buildings: Negative and Positives, Struct. Des. Tall Build., 17(5), pp.915-925. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.482
- Kang, S.M., Eom, T.S., Kim, J.Y. (2010) Case Studies for Analyzing Effects of Outriggers on Gravity Load Managements, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 23(3), pp.255-266.
- Kim, S.R., Kang, G.H., J, J.U. (2011) A Seismic Design of Foundations in Korea and Countermeasure Methods, 2011 Fall Workshop Proceeding, Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, pp.543-567.
- Kim, G.C., Kang, J.W., Ko, H. (2010) Seismic Response of Large Space Structure with Various Substructures, J. Korean Assoc. Spat. Struct., 10(3), pp.81-90.
- Lee, K.K., Park, H.G., Noh, J.T., Lee, S.H., Chung, L. (2009) Foundation Design of Apartment Building Considering Upper Structure Stiffness, Korea Concrete Institute Spring Conferences Proceeding, Korea Concrete Institute, 21(1), pp.113-114.
- Liu, J., Wu, G. (1993) An Efficient Finite Element Solution Method for Analysing Large-scale Symmetric Structures, Comput. Syst. Eng., 4(4-6), pp.373-5380. https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-0521(93)90005-H
- Madiasit http://www.midasit.com.
- Shieh, S.S., Chang, C.C., Jong, J.H. (2003) Structural Design of Composite Super-Columns for the Taipei 101 Tower, Proceedings of International Workshop on Steel and Concrete Composite Construction, pp.25-33.
- Taranath, B.S. (1988) Structural Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Singapore.
- Voleti, S.R., Chandra, N., Miller, J.R. (1996) Global-local Analysis of Large-scale Composite Structures using Finite Element Methods, Comput. & Struct., 58(3), pp.453-464. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(95)00172-D
- Yagawa, G., Shioya, R. (1993) Parallel Finite Elements on a Massively Parallel Computer with Domain Decomposition, Comput. Syst. Eng., 4(4-6), pp.495-503. https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-0521(93)90017-Q