- Volume 29 Issue 1
This study is concerned with the numerical investigation of dynamic characteristics of 2.5MW-class wind turbine gearbox in which the misalignment improvement of plenary gear shafts by the flexible pins and the dynamic impact response are analyzed by the finite element method. The tooth contact between gears is modelled using the line element having the equivalent tooth stiffness and the contact ratio to accurately and effectively reflect the load transmission in the internal complex gear system. The equivalent tooth stiffness is calculated by utilizing the tooth deformation analysis and the impulse torque is applied to the input shaft for the dynamics response characteristic analysis. Through the numerical experiments, the equivalent tooth stiffness model was validated and the misalignment improvement of planetary gear shafts was confirmed from the comparison with the cases of fixed shafts at one and both ends.
2.5MW wind turbine;gearbox;planetary gear set;gear shaft misalignment;flexible pin;shaft tilting angle;equivalent tooth stiffness coefficient;dynamic response analysis
- Jeong, K.Y., Lee, D.Y., Choi, E.H., Cho, J.R., Lim, O.K. (2012) Optimum Shape Design of Gearbox Housing for 5MW Wind Turbine, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 25(3), pp.237-243. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.3.237
- American Gear Manufacturers Association (2003) American National Standard for Design and Specification of Gearboxs for Wind Turbines, Paper No. ANSI/AGMA/AWEA 6006-103.
- Barone, S., Borgianni, L., Forte, P. (2004) Evaluation of the Effect of Misalignment and Profile Modification in Face Gear Drive by a Finite Element Meshing Simulation, J. Mech. Design, ASME Trans., 126(5), pp.916-924. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1767818
- Cho, J.R., Jeong, K.Y., Park, M.H., Shin, D.S., Lim, O.K., Park, N.G. (2013) Finite Element Structural Analysis of Wind Turbine Gearbox Considering Tooth Contact of Internal Gear System, J. Mech. Sci. Technol., 27(7), pp.2053-2059. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-013-0521-0
- Cho, J.R., Lee, H.W. (2014) Calculation of Stress Intensity Factors in 2-D Linear Fracture Mechanics by Petrov-Galerkin Natural Element Method, Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng., 98, pp.819-839. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.4666
- Cho, J.R., Jeong, K.Y., Park, M.H., Park, N.G. (2015) Dynamic Response Analysis of Wind Turbine Gearbox Using Simplified Local Tooth Stiffness of Internal Gear System, Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, ASME Trans., 10, 041001-1-9. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4026934
- MIDAS IT (2010) Nastran FX on-line manual.
- Nejad, Y.G., Xing, Y., Guo, Y., Keller, J., Gao, Z., Moan, T. (2015) Effects of Floating Sun Gear in a Wind Turbine's Planetary Gearbox with Geometrical Imperfections, Wind Energy, 18(12), pp.2105-2120. https://doi.org/10.1002/we.1808
- Ozguven, H.N., Housner, D.R. (1988) Mathematical models used in gear dynamics-a review, J. Sound & Vib., 121(3), pp.383-411. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(88)80365-1
- Walker, J.F., Jenkins, N. (1997) Wind Energy Technology, Wiley, New York.
- Zhu, C.C., Xu, X.Y., Lim, T.C., Du, X.S., Liu, M.Y. (2012) Effect of Flexible Pin on the Dynamic Behavior of Wind Turbine Planetary Gear Drives. Proc IMech Part C: J. Mech. Eng. Sci., 227(1), pp.74-86.