- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparative Study on the Thermal Insulation of Membrane LNG CCS by Heat Transfer Analysis
열전달 해석을 이용한 멤브레인형 LNG 화물창의 단열구조 성능비교
- Received : 2015.10.09
- Accepted : 2015.11.24
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study discusses the thermal insulation capacity of variant of NO96 LNG (liquefied natural gas) cargo containment insulation system. Changing the insulation materials and the insulation layers of conventional GTT NO96 containment system, The thermal resistance and BOR(boil off rate) caused by the heat transfer between cryogenic and environmental temperature is discussed. Therefore, thermal analysis of LNG CCS(cargo containment system) is carried out to determine the insulation capabilities. Also, BOR is evaluated in terms of the total amount of heat invaded into CCS(cargo containment system). Variant of NO96 CCS such as NO96, NO96GW and NO96L3 membrane type during laden voyage is selected for the comparative study. Finite element model for heat transfer analysis is conducted by employing the equivalent thermal resistance model to simplify the complex insulation layers. Finally the results for each variant model are relatively compared and discussed to minimize the BOR.
boil off gas;boil off rate;liquified natural gas;cargo containment system;heat transfer
- Choi, S.W., Roh, J.U., Kim, M.S., Lee, W.I. (2012) Analysis of Two Main LNG CCS (Cargo Containment System) Insulation Boxes for Leakage Safety using Experimentally Defined Thermal Properties, Appl. Ocean Res., 37, pp.72-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2012.04.002
- Gaztransport and Technigaz (2014) NO 96 Evolution, http://www.gtt.fr/product/no-96-evolution/ (accessed on 1 May 2014).
- Han, K.C., Hwang, S.W., Cho, J.R., Kim, J.S., Yoon, J.W., Lim, O.K., Lee, S.B. (2011) A Study on the BOIL-off Rate Prediction of LNG Cargo Containment Filled with Insulation Powders, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 24(2), pp.193-200.
- Heo, J.W., Lee, Y.J., Cho, J.R., Ha, M.K., Lee, J.N. (2003) Heat Transfer Analysis and BOG Estimation of Membrane-Type LNG Cargo during Laden Voyage, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., A(3), pp.393-400.
- Lee, J.H., Kim, Y.J., Hwang, S. (2014) Computational Studies of LNG Evaporation and Heat Diffusion through a LNG Cargo Tank Membrane, Proceedings of the 15th International Heat Transfer Conference IHTC-15, pp.1-11.
- Majouli, A., Alami, Y.S., Tahiri, S., Albizane, A., Loukili, H., Belhaj, M. (2011) Characterization of Flat Membrane Support Elaborated from Local Moroccan Perlite, Desalination, 277(1-3), pp.61-66. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2011.04.003
- Ozisik, M.N. (1985) Heat Transfer, McGraw-Hill.
- Rho, S.E., Son, G. (2012) Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer in the LNG Storage Tank with a Sloshing Condition, Proc. Korean Soc. Comput. Fluids Eng., pp.10-15.
- Zakaria, M.S., Osman, K., Musa, M.N. (2012) Boil-off Gas Formation Inside Large Scale Liquefied Natural Gas(LNG) Tank based on Specific Parameters, Appl. Mech. & Mater., 229-231, pp.690-694. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.229-231.690
Grant : 해양플랜트 통합 운영 및 유지보수를 위한 예지보전 시스템 개발
Supported by : KEIT