- Volume 29 Issue 1
Composites are materials that are widely used in industries such as automobile and aircraft. The composite material is required as a material for using in a high temperature environment as well as acting as a high pressure environment like the nozzle part of the ship. It is important to know the properties of composites. Result values obtained substituting the properties of matrix and fiber numerically have an large error compared with experimental value. In this study we utilize CASADsolver EDISON program for using Finite Element Method. Properties by substituting the fiber and Matrix properties of the composite material properties were compared with those measured in the experiment and calculated by the empirical properties.
material property;composite material;matrix;fiber;finite element method
- Chamis, C.C. (1989) Mechanics of Composite Materials: Past, Present, and Future, J. Compos., Technol. & Res., 11, pp.3-14. https://doi.org/10.1520/CTR10143J
- Ever, J.B. (2014) Finite Element Analysis of Composite Materials using ANSYS, Second Edition, pp.54-56.
- Hashin, Z. (1979) Analysis of Properties of Fiber Composites With Anisotropic Consitituents, J. Appl. Mech., 46 pp.543-550. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3424603
- Lu, J., Zhu, P., Ji, Q., Feng, Q., He, J. (2014) Identification of the Mechanical Properties of the Carbon Fiber and the Interphase Region based on Computational Micromechanics and Kriging Metamodel, Comput. Mater. Sci., 95, pp.172-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2014.07.034
- Nakai, H., Kurashiki, T., Zako, M. (2007) Individual Modeling of Composite Materials with Mesh Superposition Method under Periodic Boundary Condition, 16th International Conference on Composite Materials, pp.1-2.
- Soden, P.D., Hinton, M.J., Kaddoura, A.S. (1998) Lamina Properties, Lay-up Configurations and Loading Conditions for a Range of Fibre-Reinforced Composite Laminates, Compos. Sci. & Technol., 58, pp.1011-1022. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-3538(98)00078-5
- Yun, S.H. (2000) The Finite Element Analysis for Calculations of Equivalent Elastic Constants Using the Homogenization Method, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea,, 13(1), pp.51-61.
Supported by : 한국연구재단