- Volume 29 Issue 1
In this paper, a pressure-time history curve of blast load and Conwep model are presented, and a simplified blast load formula is suggested. Generally, a blast load are applied as a pressure-time history curve, and it is calculated by blast load formula such as Conwep model. The Conwep model which is used in most of the blast analysis is quiet difficult to calculate because of its complex process. Therefore, a simplified formula is proposed to calculate blast load by simple rational expressions and to make a simplified pressure-time history curve. In this process, a curve fitting method was used to find the simple rational expressions. The calculation results of the simplified formula have an error of less than 1% in comparison with the Conwep model. And, blast analyses using finite elements method are accomplished with the Conwep model and simplified formula for verification.
blast load;pressure-time history curve;Conwep model;curve fitting;simplified blast load formula
- Department of the Army (1986) Fundamentals of Protective Design for Conventional Weapons, TM 5-855-1, Headquarters, Department of the Army.
- Kim, H.S., Choi, H.B. (2015) Damage Assessment of Neinforced Concrete Column under Combined Effect of Axial Load and Blast Load by Using P-M Interaction Diagram, J. Arch. Inst. Korea, Struct. & Constr. Sect., 27(10), pp.47-54.
- Kim, H.S., Lee, J.Y. (2011) An Evaluation of Blast Resistance Performance of RC Columns by Using P-M Interation Diagram, J. Arch. Inst. Korea, Struct. & Constr. Sect., 31(4), pp.13-20.
- Kim, H.S., Park, J.P. (2010) An Evaluation of Blast Resistance Performance of RC Columns According to the Shape of Cross Section, J. Comput.l Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 23(4), pp.387-394.
- Bounds, W.L. (2010) Design of Blast- Resistant Buildings in Petrochemical Facilities, ASCE, American Society of Civil Engineers, Virgina.
- Carriere, M., Heffernan, P.J., Wight, R.G., Braimah, A. (2009) Behaviour of Steel Reinforced Polymer (SRP) Strengthened RC Members under Blast Load, Can. J. Civil Eng., 36, pp.1356-1365. https://doi.org/10.1139/L09-053
- Lee, K.K. (2010) Evaluation of Residual Capacity of Steel Compressive Members Under Blast Load, J. Arch. Inst. Korea, Struct. & Constr. Sect., 26(10), pp.37-44.
- Lee, K.K., Kim, T.J., Kim, E.S., Kim, J.K. (2007) Behavior of Steel Columns Subjected to Blast Loads, J. Arch. Inst. Korea, Struct. & Constr. Sect., 23(7), pp.37-44.
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC) (2007) LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual, version 971, Livermore Software Technology Corporation, Livermore, CA.
- Nystrom, U., Gylltoft, K. (2009) Numerical Studies of the Combined Effects of Blast and Fragment Loading, Int. J. Impact Eng., 36, pp.995-1005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2009.02.008
- Randers-Pehrson, G., Bannister, K. (1997) Airblast Loading Model for DYNA2D and DYNA3D, ARL-TR-1310, Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- RIST (2012) Protection of Buildings Against Explosions, Goomibook, Seoul, pp.44-64.
- Method for Determination of Maximum Allowable Pressure of Pressure Vessel Considering Detonation vol.31, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2018.31.5.235
Supported by : 인하대학교