- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Masonry Infilled Frames with Different Masonry Wall Thickness Subjected to In-plane Loading
채움벽 두께에 따른 철근콘크리트 조적채움벽 골조의 면내하중에 대한 유한요소해석
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this study, finite element analyses of masonry infilled frames using a general purpose FE program, ABAQUS, were conducted. Analysis models consisted of the bare frame, infilled frames with masonry wall thickness of 0.5B and 1.0B, respectively. The masonry walls were constructed using the concrete bricks which were generally used in Korea as infilled wall. The material properties of frames and masonry for the analysis were obtained from material tests. However, four times increased the tensile strength was used for 1.0B wall, which is seemingly due to the differences in locating the bricks. The force-displacement relation and development of crack from the FE analysis were very similar to those from the experiments. From the FEA results, contact force between the frame and masonry, distribution of shear force and bending moments in frame members were analyzed. Obtained contact stress shows a trianglur distribution, and the contact length for 0.5B speciment and 1.0B specimen were close to the value estimated using ASCE 41-06 equation and ASCE 41-13 equation, respectively. Obtained shear force and bending moment distribution seems to replicate actual behavior which originates from the contact stress and gap between the frame and masonry.
masonry infilled wall;finite element analysis;contact length;fracture mode of masonry infilled wall
- Yu, E.J., Kim, M.J., Kim, S.N., Kim, JY., Choi, K.S. (2015) Dynamic Preperties of a Lowrise Masonry-infilled RC Frame Building Before and After Seismic Retriofit, J. Comput. Struct. Eng Inst. Korea, 28(3), pp.293-330 https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.3.293
- ABAQUS User Guide (2013) Version 6.13, Dassult Systems.
- Alam, M.S., Nehdi, M., Amanat, K.M. (2009) Modelling and Analysis of Retrofitted and Un-retrofitted Masonry-Infilled RC Frames under In-plane Lateral Loading, Struct. & Infrastruct. Eng., 5(2), pp.71-90. https://doi.org/10.1080/15732470600856262
- ASCE 41-06 (2007) Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings.
- ASCE 41-13 (2012) Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings.
- CEB FIP Model Code (1990) Material Property. Tomas Telford.
- Crisafulli (1997) Seismic Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Structures with Masony Infills.
- Dorji, J., Thambiratnam, D.P. (2009) Modelling and Analysis of Infilled Frame Structures under Seismic Loads, Open Construct. & Build. Technol. J., 3, pp.119-126. https://doi.org/10.2174/1874836800903010119
- FEMA 306 (1998) Evaluation of Earthquake Damaged Concrete and Masonry Wall Buildings.
- Gambarotta, L., Lagomarsino, S. (1997) Damage Models for the Seismic Response of Brick Masonry Shear Walls, Part I: the Mortar Joint Model and its Applications, Earthq. Eng. & Struct. Dyn., 26(4), pp.423-439. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199704)26:4<423::AID-EQE650>3.0.CO;2-#
- Hendry, A.W. (1990) Structural Masonry, London: Macmillan Education Ltd.
- Kim, H.C., Kim, K.J., Park, J.H., Hong, W.K. (2001) Experimental Study on the Material Properties of Unreinforced Masonry Considering Earthquake Load, J. Earthq. Eng. Soc. Korea, 5(2), pp.93-101.
- Koutromanos, I., Stavridis, A., Shing, P.B., Willam, K. (2011) Numerical Modeling of Masonry-Infilled RC Frames Subjected to Seismic Loads, Comput. & Struct., 89(11), pp.1026-1037. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2011.01.006
- Lee, W.H., Lee, J.H., Kang, D.E., Yang, W.J. (2004) An Exprimental Study of Material Characteristics of Brick Masonry, J. Arch. Inst. Korea, 20(12),pp.45-52.
- Mander, J.B., Priestley, M.J.N., Park, R. (1984) Seismic Design of Bridge Piers. Research Rep. 84-02 Dept. of Civ. Engrg., University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Manos, G.C., Soulis, V.J., Thauampteh, J. (2012) The Behavior of Masonry Assemblages and Masonryinfilled R/C Frames Subjected to Combined Vertical and Cyclic Horizontal Seismic-type Loading, Adv. Eng. Softw., 45(1), pp.213-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2011.10.017
- Radnic, J., Baloevic, G., Matesan, D., Smilovic, M. (2013) On a Numerical Model for Static and Dynamic Analysis of in-Plane Masonry Infilled Steel Frames, Mater. Sci. & Eng. Technol, 44(5), pp.423-430.
- Stavridis, A., Shing, P.B. (2010) Finite-Element Modeling of Nonlinear behavior of Masonry-Infilled RC Frames, J. Struct.l Eng., 136(3), pp.285-296. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.116
- UBC (1997) Uniform Building Code.
- Wang, C.Y., Ho, H.Y., Wang, R.Z., Huang, H.H. (2008) Numerical Simulations of Non-Ductile RC Frames with Infilled Brick Panel under Cyclic Loading, J. Chin. Inst. Eng., 31(5), pp.827-840. https://doi.org/10.1080/02533839.2008.9671436
Supported by : 국토교통부