- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of Energy Production Change according to Atmospheric Stability and Equivalent Wind Speed in the Offshore Wind Farm using CFD Program
CFD를 이용한 등가풍속 산정과 대기안정도에 따른 연안풍력단지 발전량 변화 연구
- Ryu, Geon-Hwa (Division of Earth Environmental System, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyeok (Institute of Environment Studies, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Hwa-Woon (Division of Earth Environmental System, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Soon-Young (Institute of Environment Studies, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Goo (Korea Institute of Energy Research)
- 류건화 (부산대학교 지구환경시스템학부) ;
- 김동혁 (부산대학교 환경연구원) ;
- 이화운 (부산대학교 지구환경시스템학부) ;
- 박순영 (부산대학교 환경연구원) ;
- 김현구 (한국에너지기술연구원)
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.22
- Published : 2016.02.29
To predict annual energy production (AEP) accurately in the wind farm where located in Seongsan, Jeju Island, Equivalent wind speed (EQ) which can consider vertical wind shear well than Hub height wind speed (HB) is calculated. AEP is produced by CFD model WindSim from National wind resource map. EQ shows a tendency to be underestimated about 2.7% (0.21 m/s) than HB. The difference becomes to be large at nighttime when wind shear is large. EQ can be also affected by atmospheric stability so that is classified by wind shear exponent (
Equivalent wind speed;Atmospheric stability;Wind shear;Wind energy;AEP;CFD
Supported by : 부산대학교
- A. Honrubia, A., Vigueras-Rodriquez, E. Gomez Lazaro, D. Rodriguez-Sanchez, 2010, The influence of wind shear in wind turbine power estimation.
- Dennis, L. E., Jack, B. C., 1990, Effects of wind shear and turbulence on wind turbine power curves, European Community Wind Energy.
- Glenn, R. Schleede, 2010, The true cost of electricity from wind is always underestimated and its value is always overestimated, SPPI(Science & Public Policy Institute) Reprint Series.
- Hunter, R., Pedersen, T. F., Dunbabin, P., Antoniou, A., Frandsen, S., Klug, H., Albers, A., Lee, W. K., 2001, European wind turbines testing procedure developments. Task 1 : Measurement method to verify wind turbine p performance characteristics, Riso National Laboratory, Roskilde, RISOE R-1209 (EN).
- Ioannis Antoniou, Rozenn Wagner, Soren M. Pedersen, Uwe Paulsen, Helge A. Madsen, Hans E. Jorgensen, Kenneth Thomsen, Peder Enevoldsen, Leo Thesbjerg, 2007, Influence of wind characteristics on turbine performance, European Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition (EWEA).
- Ioannis Antoniou, Soren Markilde Pedersen, 2009, Influence of turbulence, wind shear and low-level jets on the power curve and the AEP of a wind turbine, European Wind Energy.
- Kim, D. H., Lee, H. W., Lee, S. H., 2010, Evaluation of wind resource using numerically optimized data in the southwestern korean peninsula, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 46(4), 393-403. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13143-010-0021-4
- Moon, S. J., Ko, J. W., Lee, B. G., 2013, Power law exponent in coastal area of northeastern jeju island for the investigation of wind resource, Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information System, 21(4), 65-71.
- Park, K. S., 2015, Prediction of annual energy production for wind farm using computational fluid dynamics and various wake models, Master Dissertation, Chonbuk National University.
- Rareshide, E., Tindal, A., Johnson, C., Graves, AM., Simpson, E., Bleeg, J., Harris, T., Schoborg, D., 2009, Effects of complex wind regimes on turbine performance. In : Scientific proceedings, American Wind Energy Association WINDPOWER Conference, Chicago, ILL (USA).
- Rozenn Wagner, Antoniou I, Pedersen SM, Courtney MS, Jorgensen HE, 2009, The influence of the wind speed profile on wind turbine performance measurements, Wind Energy, 12, 348-362. https://doi.org/10.1002/we.297
- Rozenn Wagner, 2010, Accounting for the speed shear in wind turbine power performance measurement.
- Rozenn Wagner, B., Canadillas, A., Clifton, S., Feeney, N., Nygaard, M., Poodt, C., St. Martin, E., Tuxen, JW Wagenaar, 2014, Rotor equivalent wind speed for power curve measurement-comparative exercise for IEA Wind Annex 32, Journal of Physics : Conference Series. 524 012108. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/524/1/012108
- Sumner, J., Masson, C., 2006, Influence of atmospheric stability on wind turbine power performance curves, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 128, 531-538. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2347714
- Tristan Wallbank, 2008, WindSim validation study CFD validation in Complex terrain, 1-7.
- Wharton, S., Lundquist, K. L., 2012, Atmospheric stability affects wind turbine power collection, Environ. Res. Lett., 7, 2-8.
- Yoo, J. W., Lee, H. W., Lee, S. H., Kim, D. H., 2012, Characteristics of vertical variation of wind resources in planetary boundary layer in coastal area using tall tower observation, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 28(6), 632-643. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2012.28.6.632